Followers

Wednesday 22 December 2021

Penguin fun

Good Morning everyone.

I hadn't planned another post before Christmas but ive had a little fun today.  In the countryview crafts advent event i bought (among lots of others!) these brilliant penguin stamps by aall&create and i thought they were the ideal size for some of the little snippets of alcohol inked acetate i had left over from cards so as Id cleared my desk I had a little play and made myself some penguin bunting.

Previously id coloured acetate with alcohol inks - this is ideal for using packaging acetate as it hides any little marks.  On the opposite side to the alcohol ink i stamped the penguins with stazon ink - i need to get a refil as some didn't stamp perfectly but a black sharpie marker came to the rescue.  Then I cut them out, leaving a little tab of acetate above their heads which i punched a hole in - i also removed any alcohol ink above the heads with blending solution and cotton wool so that only the penguins were coloured.  If i wasn't using up scraps of pre coloured acetate you could stamp the penguins first and then add alcohol ink to colour them.

I added a jump ring through the punched hole and tied them onto clear jewellery thread. As the acetate is see through it meant it was easy to flip some penguins  to face the opposite way.
Sadly my photos don't show up the true colours as its too long to fit in my light box and its so dark and gloomy today trying to take the photos.  




Just a close up on a few of them.  

Items Used:
Aall&create stamps #603 'frosty' & #604 'penguin'
Tim Holtz alcohol inks
Acetate
Jump Rings
Clear jewellery thread

Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***

I had hoped to enter this challenge but after hours of trying the link tool just keeps saying nope😕






******
Ive also added photos of the present ive made for my mum for Christmas.  In my stash busting mission this year i wondered what to do with these glass pebbles and this is the outcome

I started with a 20cm foam football and took a slice off the bottom so it can sit flat in the garden.  I then glued on randomly in stages lots of glass pebbles.  Then used bathroom grout - something i won't be doing again, this was definitely a labour of love doing a bit at a time.


A smaller version on a garden stake, i used just blue and clear glass pebbles on this one, a 7cm foam ball that id pushed a metal garden stake into.  I actually made this one first and base painted the bright yellow ball black but the colours didn't stand out so much so the bigger version i base painted white, this also helps seal the ball.


 Just showing both together



Thank you for stopping by. 
I hope you all enjoy the festive period and stay safe. Big hugs Emmaxxx



 

15 comments:

meg said...

Brilliant bunting,love those penguins on inked acetate,they must look fantastic with the light behind them.
The sunlight will also make these glass pebble ornaments shimmer

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card and I love the decorated balls they are stunning
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

brenda said...

Those Penguins were a must have for me as well Emma, they are such fun and I love your take on using them, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our December theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Merry Christmas and thanks for your support at the challenges this year, stay safe and well.

B x

gwen70 said...

Absolutely love the bunting Emma, and the glass balls are gorgeous. Have a great Christmas xx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely brilliant bunting love the inky Penguins and beautiful glass balls you made for your Mum-a little lat I know but would have been easier to cover with the grout then press the glass pebbles in before it dried
Carol x

Linby said...

I love how you used the penguins and such beautiful colours too. Your decorated balls look amazing.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Jean S said...

Oh love the penguins Emma, I’m sure the look brill in “life” and I’m sure you mum will love these for gardenxx

Dawn Phillips said...

I adore that bunting. It's just brilliant. I think your mum is so lucky to be getting such a creative gift too. Love Dawn x

Sarn said...

WOW - that's a first . . . penguin bunting . . . I simply LOVE this.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas from the Snippets Playground Treehouse. Still time to drop in for some mulled wine and a mince pie!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kirsty said...

What fabulous bunting Emma and another great way to upcycle that acetate we receive so much of with our crafty purchases!! Also loving the garden gifts for Mum, I have bags of glass beads and some of those balls so may have to give these a go. Hope you've had a lovely Christmas. Big hugs Kirsty. x

AlisonC said...

What a little work of art and a brilliant idea. I'm sure the colours are fab. Love the garden ornaments too. So many ideas! x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Seriously awesome creations one and all! I adore how the penguin bunting resembles stained glass.

And speaking of glass, your garden ornaments are tremendously lovely. What a thoughtful, fantastic homemade present for your mama.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Corrie Herriman said...

Love the penguin bunting ! Thank you for taking part in our December challenge over at Country View Challenges ! COrrie x

Di said...

Fabulous bunting Emma - very clever! You are linked in already, at number 40. Can't see any problem there.

Hugs

Di xx

StephW said...

Bet your glass pebble balls look just wonderful in your mum's garden just need a bit of sunshine to make them sparkle and I love your colourful penguin bunting such a fabulous idea! Steph x