Followers

Monday 3 January 2022

Sophie is 10

Good Morning everyone.

Wishing you all a Happy & Healthy 2022

I hope you all had a lovely festive period.  The only new year resolution i always make is a crafty one that im usually good at sticking with, i think this year i am going to continue my stash busting, i made a good dent last year in the thousands of sheets of coloured cardstock that i collected before i started making my own backgrounds so i will continue with that.

My niece Sophie was 10 just before Christmas, these are the 2 cards i made her, as always for family birthdays i make the one my parents give as well so they need to be totally different.

Sophie was fascinated with the box card i made for Alice's Birthday in August that i thought i would make a version for Sophie.  Those 10 years have flown by for sure.  I dug out my katzelkraft flamingo stamp



I made up the box card from this lovely blue cardstock and used sea themed papers from a paper pad from the works last year.  I stamped the flamingo 10 times as it was Sophie's 10th birthday, watercoloured with distress inks and cut them out.  So that i got a balanced placement of them in the box i used repositionable tape to just hold them in place and once happy i then glued permanently into place.

I added touches of stickles glitter glue to add some sparkle and a computer printed sentiment die cut into an oval.  There is space on the back of the box for writing the greeting. 

Just showing it side on


and a close up of the flamingos 

Items used:
Katzelkraft flamingo stamp
The works 12x12 paper pad 'feeling fresh'
Blue cardstock
Distress inks - picked raspberry, ripe persimmon, lemonade, pistachio
Ranger stickles glitter glue

Id love to enter my flamingos in the following:







card 2 i made for Sophie is a handbag card as she's 10 going on 21!  She loves her fashion.  I dug out a very old (10+yrs) kanban paper pad in pink and grey and teamed it with black card.  I founded a silver wired ribbon that was ideal for the handle and a large gem button that i cut off a new cardigan was ideal for the handbag closure. 

I used my grand spellbinders labels 1 to cut a base card from black cardstock.  I also cut a flap using curved edge dies and pockets using smaller labels 1.  I  die cut smaller panels from various papers from the paper pad.  To the back of the bag flap i glued in silver wired ribbon to act as the handle.   I added bling buttons backed with large & 2 tiny flowers cut from one of the papers.  Sentiment computer printed onto a pink pearl card that i die cut into tags with spellbinders labels 4, the 2nd tag hiding underneath says 10 today.

Showing it side on stood up, the wired ribbon stands up nicely

Items Used:
Spellbinders Labels 1 & grand labels1, labels 4, curved border dies
Kanban paper pad
Black & Pink pearl cardstock
Wired ribbon
Bling button and gems


Id love to enter my bag card in the following:


 

17 comments:

gwen70 said...

2 fabulous cards Emma, bet Sophie loved them xx

meg said...

Happy New Year Emma,love both cards,the flamingos made me smile they are wonderful,whimsical characters in gorgeous colours,seeing them pop up must have made her smile.The handbag card must have appealed to her love of fashion,a clever card

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two fantastic cards great designs My Blog As I do Rodos

Jenny D said...

2 fabulous cards for Sophie, love the flamingos and the handbag! Happy New Year! Jenny x

ScrappyHorses said...

Wow, these cards are wonderful!! I'm sure Sophie was absolutely delighted with these fun cards! Those flamingos are so charming; make me smile! The purse is beautiful in the fashionable papers and gorgeous button! Good luck using your stash paper; I think that might be on most of our Resolution Lists! ;) Thanks for sharing your incredible cards with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

crafty-stamper said...

Best wishes for the New Year Emma.I loved the fabulous box of flamingoes and perfect P.paper---then I saw the stunning bag you made,love the P.papers -brilliant
Carol x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow two amazing cards for Sophie love them both and yes I have to make "double cards" one from us and one from mother in law ... but I love it ... I am in my happy place in my craft room and dont know what I would have done without it during lockdowns etc ... your handbag card is amazing and 10 going on 21 is just right lol ... my grandaughter is 16 this month ... how did that happen ..anyway my dear friend stay safe and well ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Dawn Phillips said...

These are both lovely but the flamingos are my favourite. Love Dawn x

brenda said...

I have the same issue with some family cards Emma, but you managed two totally different but equally suitable cards here.

Many thanks for sharing and joining in our current theme at We Love Stamping challenge.

Your prize is off the the village PO this morning (assuming they are open, can be very hit and miss).

B x

Linby said...

oh how wonderful are those flamingos, I bet she loved it. Having been a bit of a child fashionista myself I know she would love the handbag (as do I).
thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

These are both great and look like they were a lot of fun to make.

Thanks for sharing your Birthday Cards project with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

StephW said...

Happy New Year Emma! What a lucky niece to have two bespoke cards for her birthday, sassy flamingos and a grown up handbag! Love them both ... Steph x

Zoechaos said...

2 fabulous cards for your young lady, love the box card with the flamingos. Well done on all your stash busting as well. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping it is always a pleasure to see you there, and good luck x

Jean S said...

Two super cards which I’m sure she just loved!!
Great work xxxx

Witchcrafted Life said...

These are sensational! The purse card stole my breath clean away and just adore the idea of using wired ribbon to give the handle stability. Brilliant approach!

Happiest 10th b-day to your sweet niece. It is such an exciting age to reach, as one will never be in the single-digit age bracket again from that point onward.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Kirsty said...

Two amazing cards Emma, love them both and I'm sure Sophie did too. Great idea for the bag card, brilliant design. Big hugs and Happy New Year to you too. Kirsty. xx

Diane Louise J said...

You have made 2 beautiful cards. Thanks for joining our Lady/Girl challenge with your flamingo pop up box. Hope to see you next time.
Diane Louise [Moving Along With The Times, Team Leader] xx