Followers

Monday 31 January 2022

Birthday Badger

Good Morning everyone

This badger was another black Friday pink ink stamp set that fell into my basket.  I made this card for my mums birthday 


7x7" scalloped card blank.  I first made a brusho & pixie powder background in green to represent fields, cut to size, matted onto black and then my base card.  I die cut a spellbinders label 1 from the same coloured background and mounted onto foam tape and added to the base.  
I stamped the 2 badgers and the floral corner several times, watercoloured with distress inks and cut them out, from 2 of the flower corners i cut them into smaller pieces so that i could both extend the main floral corner at the bottom right and add a small piece to the top left to give the effect that you are looking through a hedge into a field. I decoupaged & built them up with 3d glue gel for dimension.  I added my badgers into place and a few touches of glitter glue on the flower centres to finish.

You can just make out some of the shimmer in the background for the pixie powder - when the light hits it the mica really comes to life

Just showing the dimension of the layers

Items Used:
Pink Ink stamp 'Brock'
Spellbinders grand labels 1 dies
Brushos 'lime, leaf green'
Cosmic Shimmer pixie sparkles 'zesty lime'
Distress inks - evergreen bough, dried marigold, fired brick, ripe persimmon, black soot, dusty concorde
7x7 Scalloped card blank - CraftyUK ltd
White cardstock - CraftyUK ltd
Black cardstock

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  Hugs Emmaxx

Id love to enter the following:

 


 

12 comments:

meg said...

The detail in your amazing badger card is beautiful Emma,love the background and your floral layers,stunning card

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

AA fantastic card
Ginny♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma, bet mum loved it xx

chrissy xx said...

GORgeous! I LOve your design and pretty colours. Yes! Crafting supplies do tend to 'fall' in our baskets. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx

Blankina said...

What a lovely card, pretty layers ..thanks for visiting and commenting on my blogpost. Blankina

StephW said...

Love the way both badgers are appearing from behind the beautiful florals, totally gorgeous card for your Mum ... Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous card Emma
Kate x

Handmade by Natty said...

What a lovely card, just love that badger image and the beautiful frame you have incorporated. :D Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week. :)

Jean S said...

Super card Emma, I’m sure your mum would lovel it xx

Donna said...

Such a cute image and card. Like your Brusho background!

Dawn said...

Love the background and such a beautiful frame. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Kirsty said...

Beautiful card Emma, love how the badgers are peering through the hedgerow flowers, just gorgeous. Big hugs Kirsty. x