Followers

Monday 24 January 2022

Birthday Fishes

Good Morning everyone.

Today is a card i made for my brothers birthday using Funky Fossil stamps, ive had them a wee while but its their first outing. I decided to make a port hole looking out to all the colourful fish.

7x7" card.  I made my base from kraft card and covered the front with this fab weather wood effect paper and inked the edges with black soot & aged mahogany distress inks.  Using my XL circle dies i cut a circular frame from paper that i backed with cardstock to make it sturdy and inked up the edges to give it a more aged look.  I added acetate to the back and 3d foam tape.  I die cut some screw tops from kraft card and inked with distress inks to age them and added them to the frame.

I stamped and coloured all the fish with inktense pencils and cut out. I found an offcut of seaweed paper which i cut into a circle and glued to the middle of the card front, i then arranged my fish and added with glue gel.  I then added the frame over the top. Stamped greeting onto kraft card to finish.



Just a close up of the fish, of course i had to add glossy accents to their eyes


As i needed my card to be 7x7" to fit my porthole, i fold A4 in half and cut to 7" wide and then added another 7" square of card to the front to make it upto the size i needed.  Of course as always i added detail to the back of my card using an off cut of the paper and left over fish.

Items Used:
Funky Fossil stamps - weird fish
Kraft card
Papermania papers
Seaweed paper - the works
Derwent Inktense pencils
Acetate

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you all have a good week.  Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter the following:

***

***









 

14 comments:

gwen70 said...

Brilliant card Emma, bet your brother loved it xx

meg said...

Your card made me smile this morning a brilliant design layout and lots of these fabulous colourful funky fish,

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

a fabulous fun card love the porthole Ginny♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the porthole and quirky colourful fish
Carol x

Denise Fletcher said...

Wow love this card! Great design as per, Emma xx

brenda said...

Morning Emma,

What a fabulous card for your Brother, all the brightly coloured fish through the porthole make for a super welcoming card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

StephW said...

Would love to be in a boat seeing these weird colourful fish swimming past how fun that would be! Fab port hole design beautifully coloured ... Steph x

Linby said...

This is a brilliant design, I love the bright colours you used too. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Jean S said...

An other brill card to make us smile! Xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow,what a stunning card. Love the bright fishes. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Joyfully lovely card! It is such an upbeat delight with some of the cutest fishies around.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Kirsty said...

Amazing card Emma, love all the crazy fish, such fun. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Alex said...

Amazing birthday card. Love the images!
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us next challenge again.

Crafty greetings
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
Alex' Kreative Seite