Followers

Monday 28 March 2022

Birthday Chicks

Good Morning everyone, I hope you had a good weekend.  

Today im sharing a male birthday card made for my brother who has always kept chickens.  Its those aall&create chicken stamps in action again and a very old paper pad as i continue to try and make a dent in the old stash.


7x7" white cardbase.  I first stamped and watercoloured the chickens and cut them out....I die cut several polaroid frames from white card, adhering 3 on top of each other to build up a thicker frame so its almost like chipboard. I attached the frames to a teal blue paper which i cut slightly larger than the frames, i tore a yellow paper to fit in the frames to give the chicks some ground to stand on. I stamped the words from the stamp set onto the frames and then arranged the chickens gluing them with pinflair glue gel.

I took a sheet of wood panel paper from the set, inked the edges with walnut distress stain and added to the middle of the cardfront.  I had a few small offcuts from previous use of the paper pad that i used to add detail to the top and bottom edges, attaching just behind the wood panel paper. I added a large die cut circle to the middle and then added the polaroid frames.  Stamped greeting cut into a circle.

I had a couple of extra chickens so i added one to the bottom right of the front just for fun. 

Just a close up of the chickens.  I did add my usual glossy accents to their eyes.

Items Used:
aall&create stamps 'chicken dance'
Sizzix polaroid frame die set
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Circle dies
My Minds Eye Paper pad 'miss caroline- dilly dally'
watercolour marker pens
Range glossy accents

Thank you all for stopping by once again and all your comments.  I hope its a good week for you.  We should be having scaffolding going up today for a new roof, that will be fun but good to get it done. Hugs Emmax



Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***

***











 

18 comments:

meg said...

These fabulous chicks made me smile Emma,great layout and sentiments, a brilliant card for your brother

Goga said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at
The Male Room challange. Goga

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card I love these chicks they made me smile, thank you Emma.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

We had some chickens for years and certainly miss them and the fresh eggs.My eldest son has some Polish Frizzle chickens and would love these fabulous chicken images,love the polaroid frames and wood effect B.paper
Carol x

gwen70 said...

Brilliant card Emma, love the chicks xx

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful animal card! Thanks for playing at The Male Room challange.

pinkclover.cards said...

Great card Emma. Love the expressions on their faces!
Fatima x

MortiCraft said...

A very fun card! It reminds me of our crazy chickens in our garden. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely great card, thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

Jean S said...

A brilliant card for,your Bro Emma, really fun chick xxx

StephW said...

These happy-go-lucky chickens are so much fun! Brilliant design with the photo frames ... Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic card Emma
Kate x

Anke said...

Your chicks made me smile, brilliant card.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time to Craft. Hope to see you again next time.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Chuckle-chuckle-chuckle! (Or would that be cluck-le? :D) Super fun card! Love those punny poultry-themed sentiments.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Sari / Granne said...

Eek! This chickens are so fun and cute, love that there is so many of them: layout is awesome. Thank you for playing along with The Male Room's Animal challenge. I hope to see you our new Dry embossing challenge too.

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card and design Emma, love these crazy chickens. Big hugs Kirsty. x