Followers

Thursday 10 March 2022

Easter Chicks

Good Morning everyone

Today is a fun spring chicken wreath design, i had these left over aall&create chickens and then the idea came to me for an Easter wreath so i went with it.  Digging out another very old paper pad in my stash busting mission.

7x7" white base card.  I used one of the papers from the pad which had splashes of red, blue & yellow in it to pick up on the colours in my chickens and the woodgrain gives the effect of a chicken house.  I inked the edges in walnut stain distress ink.  I added little stripes behind it to look like its one long piece but actually i only had small offcuts left over. 

From one of the yellow papers in the pad i die cut pine leaves to give the effect of straw which the chickens bed on. I die cut a circular frame from a pale paper and glued to the middle of my paper - this was to act as a guide/base for my wreath to keep it round.  I then just got gluing the branches into place, overlapping them as i went. 

I then arranged my chickens - these has previously been stamped on white, watercoloured and cut out.  Glossy accents on the eyes.  I gently added a little shape to the bodies and attached with pinflair glue gel.  I then added some gems in the same colour tones, in groups of 3.....i thought they looked a bit like eggs in a nest

Die cut sentiment to finish.

A close up of my chickens

Items Used:
aall&create stamps 'chicken dance'
paper pad My minds eye - miss caroline 'dilly dally' 
Cheerylynn pine branch & easter joy dies
Watercolour markers
Distress ink - walnut stain
Gems

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you have a good day. Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter the following:


 

13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great Easter card love the wreath and dancing chicks
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card with a fun and clever Easter wreath, absolutely love the cute chickens and the shaped bodies look really great to add dimension.The "eggs" add a festive and colourful cheer. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping March challenge!

meg said...

Your chicks are fabulous fun critters,a great layout and card

papierelle said...

*haha* ... I have to laugh!! You attached the chickens to a wreath. I understand their confused looks. Thanks for showing this super fun card at DotMCC and thanks for your kind comment. Gundi

gwen70 said...

Absolutely fabulous Emma xx

Jean S said...

An other fun card to make us smile xxx

brenda said...

Nothing says Spring and Easter like little chicks and these ones are such fun, I know as I've seen them first hand.

Loving the wreath design as well with all the fun chicks, many thanks for joining in with our Spring theme at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

StephW said...

fabulous fun make, those chicks are having a great time! Steph x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous Easter card Ginny♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

Dawn Phillips said...

Well that made me smile. Those chickens are total crazy. Love Dawn x

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

Mervi said...

Lovely easter chickens card! so cute.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

Kirsty said...

Brilliant Easter card Emma, love the cheeky chicken wreath. Big hugs Kirsty. x