Followers

Monday 14 March 2022

Sunflower shutter card

Good Morning everyone

Today im sharing my sunflowers for Ukraine card after seeing several inspiring posts in blogland recently.  Gecko galz are selling beautiful sunflower digital images on etsy here to help raise funds. 

I knew i wanted to try and use as many of the images on my card as i could so decided a tri fold shutter would be a good base, i dug out my neglected tattered lace shutter die set and got cutting. I printed out the sheets in A4 & A5 to give me a choice of sizes of the images.


I die cut my base from soft cream pearl cardstock that has a gold shimmer in it to pick up on the gold of the sunflowers.  I die cut the smaller mat layers from blue cardstock and then various sunflower images for each of the smaller panels.  For the 2 bigger ends i found a yellowy/orange printed paper that went with the sunflowers perfectly. 

For the front panel i trimmed the lovely sun rays over a sunflower field and mounted onto cream pearl card, then the blue card and mounted to the front with foam tape for a bit of dimension.

As i didn't want to use too much other than the printed sunflowers instead of die cut flowers to embellish I fussy cut out various sunflowers from the toppers and arranged on the front and back panels.  

After a while i decided on a die cut 'hello sunshine'  as the sentiment as the sun brightens the darkness with the sign of hope

Showing it from the right hand side


Close up of the topper.  I added just a touch of diamond glitter to the centre of the front sunflower


Close up of left side, i added a bit of shape to the front flower heads and attached with glue gel for a bit of dimension.  My printer ink was running out so some printed out in a different tone but actually turned out ideal to add depth tone for layering up the different flowers. 

and the back of the card, i die cut the yellow/orange paper for each panel and a smaller rectangle of the cream pearl for the centre to write my greeting in.  Attached flower offcuts from the toppers i cut up for the front of the card.

Items Used:
Geckogalz  sunflowers for ukraine digi images
Tattered lace A4 tri fold shutter die set
Hello sunshine die - brand?
Yellow/orange paper - the works
Cream pearl cardstock
Blue cardstock
Ranger stickles 'diamond'

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope its a positive week for you all.  Hugs Emmaxx


Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***









 

10 comments:

meg said...

A stunning collage of sunflower toppers Emma,

gwen70 said...

Stunning card Emma xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic card love the design and the images
Ginny♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and fold-I agree the images are so beautiful you want to use them all-this is stunning
Carol x

Carole J said...

Beautiful Emma. Thanks for purchasing the Gecko Galz 'Sunflowers for Ukraine' collage set and for sharing this wonderful card.
DT Carole x

StephW said...

Fabulous sunny card and the images are gorgeous ... Steph x

Kathy said...


Thanks for sharing your lovely card and showing your support for those in Ukraine
by joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week
Its such a terrible situation, and so important that we do what we can to offer our love and support

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Dawn Phillips said...

This is stunning hun. Such a beautiful card. Love Dawn x

Kirsty said...

Beautiful card to share and to support the Ukraine appeal. Big hugs Kirsty. x