Followers

Monday 25 July 2022

Blue thistlehogs

Good Morning everyone.

I decided to use some of the kraft card blanks a friend sent me with the pink ink thistlehog stamps, although since Steph said she thought they looked like bats i can see that they are a bit batty too😀 being magical creatures they come in any colour but today they are very blue with very glittery wings😁

5x5" kraft card base.  I stamped the thistle hogs onto kraft card and watecoloured with oxide inks tumbled glass, salvaged patina & dried marigold, added touches of white posca pen to highlight and cut them out.  I stamped it again onto more kraft card and stamped lavinia stamps 'spiral of dreams' stamp in grey, i die cut into a stitched square and mounted onto a larger square of kraft card which i had coloured with the blue oxide inks and then adhered to the base card.  I gently curved the thistle hog and decoupaged him onto the base with glue gel.  

Stamped greeting and diamond stickles glitter on the wings to finish.

Version 2.  I stamped the thistlehog twice once direct on the base card & again onto more kraft card and again watercoloured with the oxide inks and cut out.  Stamped the  believe sentiment direct on the base and splattered on some of the oxide inks to the background and inked the edges of the base card after rounding the corners.

I then added the thistlehog with glue gel.  

Items Used:
Pink Ink stamps 'thistlehogs'
Lavinia stamps 'sprial of dreams'
Inkylicious stamps 'believe'
Sentiment stamp dream
Distress oxide inks tumbled glass, salvaged patina, dried marigold
Ranger stickles diamond
Kraft card

Not the best photos but i did catch these of my new baby hedgehogs this year in the porch last night.......... they don't have wings like the thistlehogs but they are still soooooooooooooo cute, they would easily fit in the palm of my hand




Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you all have a good week. Hugs Emmax

Id love to enter the following:

***

***







 

10 comments:

meg said...

This is a magical little creature Emma,the colour combo is stunning,love your cards

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card . I love your cute little visitors
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards and I love the cute Thistlehogs with their glittery wings,love the baby hedgehogs we have a large one uses our garden but never seen any babies
Carol x

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous cards Emma
love the photo's of your baby hedgehogs
Kate x

gwen70 said...

You do do some wonderful cards Emma, and this one is no exception. I love it and your babies too. I havent seen a hedgehog for years. xx

StephW said...

Hehe thanks for the mention Emma! Whatever these little magical creatures are in our own eyes they are so lovely and just wonderful in blues & kraft. The last time we had a hedgehog in our garden our Westie stood over it barking her head off and I had to drag her inside. Not surprisingly the hedgehog has not returned poor thing. Your visitors feel really safe in your garden. Steph x

Jean S said...

Well the baby hedgehogs are sooo cute Emma, so lovely to see them , loving the colour of the thistle hogs! And I’m sure be fab to see with glittery wings jxx

cass said...

Love the Thistlehogs Thank you for joining us at The Fairy and the Unicorn Fantasy Challenge.

Creaine said...

This looks beautiful!! Thanks for linking up with us at The Fairy and Unicorn Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

Kirsty said...

Two fabulous cards Emma, just love the thistlehogs and your baby hedgehogs too. Love the blue on the kraft card looks great. Big hugs Kirsty. x