Followers

Thursday 21 July 2022

Christmas Penguins

Good Morning everyone

I was given these lovely pink ink stamped penguins by a crafty friend (thanks Gwen) and used up some more of the old cardstock...i swear it breeds in the dark😁


A5 base card made from a very dark blue pearlised cardstock.  I also found some dotty embossed cardstock which ive used for my background.  I watercoloured the penguins with distress inks and splattered some of the same colours onto the ivory cardstock.  I fussy cut the penguins.

I layered the ivory embossed cardstock onto my base card and tore another strip of it to fit across the bottom of the card to give the effect of a mound of snow, i stamped my greeting onto this piece with blue ink and mounted onto the base card with foam tape.  I then added my penguins with glue gel.

Glitter glue highlights to finish.
Version 2

Version 3


Items Used:
Pink Ink stamps 'we three kings'
Snow sentiment - magazine freebie
Distress Inks - chipped sapphire, pine needles, black soot, dusty concorde, twisted citron, blueprint sketch, picked raspberry, ripe persimmon, squeeshed lemonade, warm honey
Ranger stickles - frosted lace, star dust, diamond

Thank you all for stopping by once again. Hugs Emmax





 

11 comments:

meg said...

These penguins are brilliant Emma,your CAS background draws the eye straight to their regal appearance,I see they are out in a smaller size now

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

gorgeous Penguins Emma love the catd
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous cards Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Love the regal colours especially the purple, these penguins are just wonderful characters ... Steph x

Becca Sadler said...

Emma: Oh! Your card has a wonderful humorous twist of "We Three Kings" carol! We Three Penguins are ready for a wintery Christmas! What a wonderful card! --Becca/DT (also: I'm owner of FarmQuest challenge blog that current theme has an and/or option of animal and/or wagon. Check it out if you want.)

gwen70 said...

Fabulous cards Emma, you have made them brilliantly xx

Pauline C said...

Brilliant card Emma - I love these penguins and you have coloured and laid them out beautifully. Thanks so much for joining in with my "Christmas In July" challenge at Allsorts this week.
Pauline xx

Jean S said...

Loving your cards Emma! Just brill!! Xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fabulous penguins and great colouring
Carol x

Rae Ann said...

Great vibrant colors and fun background.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Christmas in July challenge.

Kirsty said...

Fabulous cards Emma, your really cracking on with your Christmas cards. Big hugs Kirsty. x