Followers

Monday 4 July 2022

Pet Sympathy

Good Morning everyone

Recently Ive had to make 2 pet sympathy cards, Ive kept them both fairly simple and used a lovely paw print die by cheerylynn (I think)
First one is for a cat.  I used a rich gold pearl cardstock for my base which has a leafy design in it, i cut to 6x6" and then die cut the scalloped border & paw print from the front edge.  I added an insert from a rainbow print paper and stamped the sentiment onto the insert so it shows on the front.  I stamped the cat onto left over rainbow paper, cut him out and added to the front. 

Just showing it side on, you can just about make on the design in the pearl cardstock, its years old from payper box 

***

and onto a dog design

6x6" white linen base card.  I used a heart paw print stencil on the front with distress inks in cracked pistachio and evergreen bough, i also lightly inked the edge around the outside of the stencil which gave me an inked edge to the card.  I then die cut the paw prints from the middle and stamped my sentiment in grey ink.

I stamped the dog in grey and lightly watercoloured with distress inks shaded lilac and seedless preserve, cut him out and added to the front.  I used a ombre paper for my insert, added gold paint through 3 of the paw prints and edged the cardblank with more gold paint - sadly the photo doesn't show that up very well.


This photo shows the gold up much better.  I ended up doing this as glue was showing through one of the paw prints which wasn't good, the gold acrylic paint covered it nicely.

Items Used:
Paw print die
mft scalloped edge die
Paw print stencil
Tim Holtz mini crazy dog stamps
Katzelkraft cat stamp
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Distress Inks
Paperartsy gold paint

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a good week.  Hugs Emmaxxx







 

9 comments:

meg said...

Your pet sympathy cards are fabulous Emma,the fun designs will evoke lots of happy memories for the owners.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful pet sympathy cards just right for the occasion Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful pet sympathy cards love the little dog and crazy cat-great die-cut paw prints
Carol x

Anonymous said...

Test

Jean S said...

Test was me Emma, tryn to do comment!
Anyway lovely cards for,this situ. Just right and I’m sure appreciated Jxx

gwen70 said...

Fabulous cards Emma, perfect for the occasion xx

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Beautiful and thoughtful makes ... Steph x

Kirsty said...

Two beautiful cards Emma, perfect and I'm sure appreciated. Big hug Kirsty. x