Followers

Thursday 30 June 2022

Thistlehogs

Good Morning everyone

I was talking to a friend about all my hedgehogs as i was worried about the scaffolding and building work upsetting them but the chaps were very good and checked before squashing any so im delighted to have so many about again this year in my bijou garden....they do visit from neighbouring areas.  Anyway my crafty friend would love a few in her garden so i thought it was the ideal excuse to dig out the pink ink thistlehog stamps again and make her a card.  


5x8" Kraft card base.  I first stamped the thistlehogs in brown ink on white and watercoloured with distress inks, i wanted the bodies to be purple as its my friends fav colour, so i went with yellowy/orange wings to contrast, i then cut them out.  I looked through my giant pile of pre made backgrounds and found one made with brusho's and pixie powders that was mainly green with touches of orange which was ideal for my thistlehogs and looked like they are flying through the garden.  

To tone down my background a bit and add more detail i used a lavinia flower mask and white gesso, this added a softer feel but let the mica shimmer through where the gesso wasn't.  I them stamped the thistlehogs on the background where i wanted them so that i had all the little extra details around them and then mounted my coloured ones on top with glue gel.  I doodled around the outside edge with black fineliner using similar details to those in the thistlehogs to tie it together and then mounted the panel onto the basecard.

I stamped 2 of the katzelkraft words onto kraft card offcuts, cut to size and glued onto the front...I didn't stamp the words direct onto the background due to all the mica/pixie powders which doesn't always like being stamped over.  Glitter glue added to the wings to finish.

I think you can just make out the shimmer of the mica in the pixie powders here

and here you can see the white gesso flowers, the background really comes to life when the light hits it.

I hope these guys aren't the size of real hedgehogs, as not sure i fancy a fully grown hedgehog flying towards me with all those spikes😁

Items Used:
Pink ink Stamps 'thistlehogs'
Katzelkraft stamps 'carpe diem quotes'
Lavinia stamps - 'flower mask'
Brushos
Cosmic shimmer pixie powders
Distress Inks - shaded lilac, dusky Concorde,seedless preserve, squeezed lemonade, ripe persimmon, wild honey
White gesso
CraftUk ltd white smooth card, kraft card

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you have a good day. Hugs Emmax

Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***











 

12 comments:

meg said...

As always an absolutely fantastic card,love the colours in your background and those thistlehogs

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

So beautiful Emma
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Absolutely fabulous card Emma xx

Linby said...

I've not seen these stamps before. You've made a beautiful colourful card with them. Thanks for taking part in my So Girly challenge at Allsorts. Lynn x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A pretty, colourful card, thank you for entering it at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background love the quirky Thistlehogs
Carol x

StephW said...

Fabulous creation, these guys remind me of bats rather than hedgehogs! Steph x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Pat K said...

Oh Emma..what a fabulous card. The hedgehogs are sooo cute. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

Doris P. said...

How cute is this! Love the little hedhogs. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous cards Emma
Kate x

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the thistlehogs and so glad to hear your hedgehogs have remained safe during the building work. Big hugs Kirsty. x