Followers

Monday 16 January 2023

Birthday Cats

Good Morning everyone

Today is a birthday card for  craft friend who loves cats so i dug out the fabulous cat stamps from katzelkraft

Card size approx 5x7"    I first die cut my base card using white card and the largest crealies arch die.  I cut a smaller arch from white card and inked with oxide inks - wilted violet and chipped sapphire to the top and evergreen bough & touch of black soot to the bottom to give a night sky feeling. I splashed on some water and dabbed off &  then splashed on mica spray to give a star like shimmer when the light hits it.  
From the middle top i die cut a star circle, adhered rose gold satin card behind and added to the base card. 

I stamped the cats on wall image twice onto white card and watercoloured, i cut out the whole image from the first one and added to the card with glue gel, from the 2nd one i just cut out the cats and decoupaged onto the main image. 

I picked a Tim Holtz snarky chat sticker which says 'I plan my whole day around the possibility of a nap' mounted it onto rose gold satin card and then the base. I glued the die cut stars that fell out from the star circle to finish.  

This photo shows the rose gold satin card i used behind the stars better


and as a little gift i wanted to make a cat bookmark 

I started by stamping the images onto white card, watercoloured and cut out....in hindsight i should have stamped them on paper to make it easier for the laminator...lesson learnt for next time! 
I found some paper in purples as thats my friends fav colour, an off cut of cream pearl card for the base of the bookmark which picks up nicely on the colour of the cats.  Chat stickers and doodling added before laminating, then adding an eyelet and some ribbons. 

I had stamped and coloured a few of these cats some made 5 bookmarks in all.  Ideal for using up the offcuts of white card i get from making 6x6" cards.   The stickers read 'I am fabulous' & 'you can never have too much happy'

Stickers read 'be awesome today' & 'darling, you are a work of art'


and finally....I was given a really beautiful paper pad for my birthday in August by ciao bella 'moon&me' and these are a couple of strips from the papers.  The moon reads 'with freedom, books, flowers and the moon who could not be happy?'

Just showing them all together


Items Used:
katzelkraft cat stamps 'cats on wall' & 'cats on books'
Star circle die 
Crealies arch die (discontinued)
caio bella papers 'moon & me'
various papers
Crafters companion rose gold satin card
Distress Oxide inks 'wilted violet, evergreen bough, black soot'
Distress inks 'vintage photo, lemonade, wild honey'
Tim Holtz snarky chat stickers

Thank you all for popping by once again and all your lovely comments last week.  I hope this week is a good one for you all.  Hugs Emmaxx


Id love to enter my card in the following:


 

10 comments:

meg said...

A brilliant quirky card for your friend Emma,love the colours and stars in th night sky and most of all the crazy cats.The book marks are awesome

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and sentiment-love the fabulous cat stamp and all the bookmarks you made
Carol x

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards and bookmarks Emma
haven't made any book marks for years something to do with all those odd strips of card
Kate x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning work Emma
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely makes, hope you are well thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

Mrs A. said...

I love your super cat card. The book marks are great. I am always loosing mine. Hugs Mrs A.

StephW said...

Adorable cat images, love the trio under the stars! Such fun characters balancing on the books just ideal for bookmarks just wonderful ... Steph x

Fikreta said...


so wonderful card
and I love these bookmarks! so cute!
sThank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
Hope to see you again! Good luck!
Fiki Bad Kitty's Craft Room 🐱

Chris said...

A fabulous card- love the shape and colour and those fantastic cats! Thanks for joining in with our 'shaped cards' challenge at Fab'n' Funky
Chris
x

Kirsty said...

What a brilliant card Emma, absolutely love it and all your beautiful bookmarks too, just fabulous. Big hugs Kirsty. X