Followers

Thursday 12 January 2023

New Home

Good Morning everyone

 A little new home card today using paper snippets to die cut some pretty floral houses

5x5" Kraft card base.  I first die cut as many houses as possible from the paper scraps and kraft card.  From the back of the kraft card ones i taped in the windows and doors so that they didn't fall out, I then cut the roofs off the paper houses and glued onto the kraft ones.  After looking at them for a while i decided to help the windows stand out from the busy papers by drawing around them with a blue fineliner pen.

I took a piece of blue paper slightly smaller than my card front and die cut the memory box circle burst towards the top, i added soft gold glitter card behind to act as my sunshine, i added a greeny paper to the bottom to act as grass and stamped the sentiment with dark blue ink and adhered to the card front. 

I then arranged the houses and adhered with pinflair glue gel.  I also added a little die cut hot air balloon to finish. 

I managed to make 2 cards with my little floral houses, one for a friend who is settling into her new home and one for my box. 

This is the pile of scraps i had left from making my batch of exploding insert cards which i decided to make an effort and use before moving on.  For these 2 new home cards I just took the papers with pink & purple flowers.

Items Used :
Memory box circle burst die
Memory box balloon die
House dies
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Crafters companion gold glitter card
Make&create paper pad from the works 'vintage floral'
Kraft card

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a good end to the week and weekend. Hugs Emmaxxx



Id love to enter the following:

***


***

***

***











 

12 comments:

meg said...

Absolutely gorgeous Emma,love the cottages,they look like they have flowers growing all over them,a brilliant idea and fabulous layout

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card Ema great use of the scraps of paper
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful new home card and love the pretty floral papers on the die-cut houses
carol x

Sarn said...

The little die-cut houses are delightful. Love both cards you made with your snippets.

Thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you've finished playing on the swings, you're welcome to climb the rope ladder to the Playground Treehouse and join us for a hot beverage and a snack. xxx

Di said...

What a stunning card Emma! Love the thought process and construction - wonderful and really very magical result!

Hugs

Di xx

Kate Jeffery said...

gorgeous cards Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Aww these houses are so sweet, beautiful new home makes ... Steph x

Caroline said...

Nice card.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

Diane Louise J said...

Your new home card is so pretty... Thanks for entering the 'new beginnings' challenge at Crafty Friends. Good luck and we hope you will join us again.
Diane Louise (DT member) xx

Nicolette said...

A very nice card.
Thanks for sharing it.
Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

Babs said...

Thanks again for my gorgeous new home card Emma I love it and it was a lovely surprise when it turned up on my door mat
Babs x

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous cards Emma, great way of using the pattern pieces up. Love the design. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx