Followers

Thursday 26 January 2023

Embossed acetate

Good Morning everyone

In my January craft sort out i came across these dry embossed alcohol inked acetate panels that were already attached to black card frame - I made these panels years ago and they just got hidden away so now was the time to use them.  I also came across these lovely mechanical butterfly die cuts that a crafty friend had sent me and the 2 just seemed the perfect match.


I first die cut acetate into spellbinders label1 shape and put through a sunray embossing folder, i then added alcohol inks in pinks & purples and let them do their magic.  I die cut a label1 frame from black card and adhered the acetate to the back of it, added foam tape around the frame edge, then a white die cut to the back and then glued flat onto a larger black die cut.  By adding the white layer behind the acetate it helps the ink colours to really pop.

I die cut my card base using a larger spellbinders label 1 from white card.  I added the butterfly die cut with some aurora borealis gems on his body.  Some white pen dots to each corner & a tim Holtz chat sticker to finish.  This card might have taken 4 years to come together but i was pleased with the outcome and its always satisfying to finish a half done project.


This really shows the vibrancy of the alcohol inks and i love how the light plays on the acetate with the different heights of the embossing

and a 2nd version which id used more sunshine colours - i guess at the time i thought sunray embossing folder so sunshine alcohol ink colours😀


Items Used:
Spellbinders labels1 & grand labels1
Sunray embossing folder
Butterfly die cuts 
Tim Holtz alcohol inks
Tim Holtz chat stickers
Acetate
White & Black cardstock
Posca white pen

Thank you for stopping by.  Emmax


Id love to enter the following:

***

***






 

10 comments:

meg said...

The embossed alcohol inked acetate panels are stunning Emma,the sunshine colours of your second card are especially vibrant. The sentiments and butterfly are perfect finishing touches

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful mechanical butterflies and your inky panels are fabulous
Carol x

jimlynn said...

So unique and pretty. I love the different backgrounds and of course the butterflies are outstanding! Gorgeous cards.
Lynn

Donna said...

Fabulous technique and beautiful cards. Donna
https://lakefrontstampingcreations.blogspot.com/

Ilonka said...

I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the Creative Crafters Challenge Blog
Big Hugs Ilonka DT

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Deanne Saunders said...

Your cards are beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our CREATIVE CRAFTERS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

StephW said...

Love the alcohol ink effects so magical behind the butterflies ... Steph x

Kirsty said...

What amazing cards Emma. I just love the inky acetate backgrounds, they really pop and the butterflies are gorgeous. Fab designs. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx