Followers

Monday 30 January 2023

Lightbulbs

Good Morning everyone

I made these cards before Christmas using a lovely stamp set from aall&create i bought in the black friday sale. 

Slimline black card base.  I first stamped the lightbulb image onto white card and watercoloured with distress inks, i stamped a second image and cut out the lightbulb, larger flowers and butterfly and decoupaged them onto the base image with glue gel.  I then added glossy accents to the bulb.  I matted this panel onto black.

I cut white card slightly smaller than my base card and stamped the floral part of the stamp onto the top and bottom corners with grey ink, using some small sentiment stamps i stamped either side of the floral corners again with grey ink.  I added splatters using the same inks i used to colour the image and then mounted the topper panel with foam tape to finish. 

Version 2.  This used a soft cream pearl cardstock for both my base card and the topper panel.  I made the topper panel the same was as card one but this time for the base card i used lavinia butterfly stamps watercoloured with distress inks and a little leaf stamped with green distress ink.  The pearl of the cardstock still shimmers through nicely.

and version 3   This time i stamped directly onto my cream pearl base card, I still decoupaged the bulb, flowers, butterfly and a couple of the larger leaves.  I added soft stencilling to the outside using oxide inks salvaged patina & cracked pistachio.  Stamped the sentiment from the set to finish.  It reads 'You are like a wildflower, beautiful, fierce & free'

Items Used:
aall&create stamps 'filaments & feathers' #621
mini word stamps
Lavinia stamps 'fairy bugs' 'mini flutter'
Lavinia stencil 'foliage'
Distress Inks & Oxides
Glossy accents


Thank you all for popping by.  I hope its a good week for you. Hugs Emmax






Id love to enter the first card in the following:

***



 

10 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two beautiful cards Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Beautiful cards Emma,especially drawn to the third version love the stencils background and shimmer from the pearl base card

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamp,great colouring and backgrounds
Carol x

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful cards, lovely layouts. Thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

jimlynn said...

They're all so beautiful! I love the stenciling on the sides on that last one. VERY pretty.
Lynn

StephW said...

I love using pearl cardstock too & the shimmer it gives to a project these are all beautiful ... Steph x

pinkclover.cards said...

All gorgeous Emma. Love all the backgrounds.
Fatima x

Babs said...

What a lovely bargain you got too Emma , and such gorgeous cards you have made with them too , hope you’re keeping well.
Babs x

Kirsty said...

Wow Emma absolutely love all three of these, right up my street. Brilliant designs and love the effects you have used on the card bases too. Very inspirational. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx