Followers

Thursday 16 February 2023

Floral exploding gatefold

Good Morning everyone

After making a christmas exploding gatefold card I decided to make some floral ones, again using the beautiful make & create 12x12 paper pads from the works, also a good way to use some of my coloured cardstock which im still on a mission to use up!



 Card size approx 6x6"  I first picked the papers I wanted to use and then found matching cardstock to go with them.  I scored both the paper and the cardstock and adhered together, I found it easier to glue one side first and then fold the insert into its finished position and then adhered the second side by closing it down onto the insert.

I wrapped co-ordinating ribbon around the whole card, leaving it long enough to tie closed.  I die cut a circle from the same base cardstock and paper and glued to the left front side of the card, capturing the ribbon underneath.   A die cut butterfly and gems on its body and the top right and bottom left corners of the card front to finish.

On the inside i took an old 'hello sunshine' die and cut from the orange card and matted onto a yellow circle.  I added a panel of less patterned paper to the back of the card to write my greeting on which also hides the glue used to attach the ribbon.  

Version 2, I used a birthday sentiment die in the middle and a flower die cut from vellum for the front.  Photo shows the card closed and then once you open it up

Version 3, i used cream pearl cardstock for the base, spellbinders labels 1 for my front topper panel.

Version 4, back to a vellum flower

and version 5.   Using these pretty papers has brightened cold winter days and its been good to dig into the ribbon box too.

I followed this simple template on pinterest https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/510736414003899933/

Items Used:
Make&create papers from the works 'watercolour feelings' 'vintage floral'
Studio light 'just lou' butterfly dies (STENCILJL18)
Birthday circle die
Flower dies
Spellbinders labels 1
wonky stitched circle dies

Thank you for stopping by and all your lovely comments on my last project.  I hope you all enjoy the end of the week and weekend.  Hugs Emmax











 



10 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card design Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Wonderful floral papers and embellishments on the front of the cards,then the gorgeous exploding inserts,absolutely brilliant

Mrs A. said...

These are all so pretty. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous exploding gatefold cards and love all the beautiful papers
Carol x

Liz said...

Beautiful cards Emma, what a lovely surprise when then card is opened. It would be lovely to see your card over in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month where the theme is Add Ribbon. xx

StephW said...

So pretty and gorgeous ... Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

jimlynn said...

Awesome, awesome, and even more awesome! WOW! Love them all.
So pretty.
Lynn

SuziChoclat said...

Hi Emma your post just appeared in my Pinterest email 😍 beautiful gatefold cards, the papers you’ve used will definitely brighten anyone’s day. Love the pop out middle 🥰 xx

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Emma, love all the bright colours. Big hugs Kirsty. X