Followers

Monday 12 December 2022

Gatefold explosion card

Good Morning everyone

My final Christmas card is one Ive made for my parents.  I used a gorgeous paper pad from the works called 'let it snow'

I found a gatefold explosion card template on pinterest and adapted to make a 7x6" card from a sheet of A3 white cardstock.  I made the exploding insert from one of the double sided papers in the pad and adhered inside.  I then used the same paper for the 2 front panels.  I took a piece of blue ribbon and attached to the back of the card, making sure it was long enough to tie up, I then covered the back panel with another paper to hide the ribbon.

The paper pad has 6" square toppers of these lovely winter scene but i die cut one with a double stitched rectangle die as it suited my card better, i matted it onto a larger rectangle die cut from silver holographic card.  

Working on the front of the card, I brought the ribbon around the left hand side and held in place with tape - making sure it would be hidden under my topper!  I then added the topper to the left hand panel with foam tape.  The ribbon then ties in a bow to the right of the card to close it.

I die cut 2 snowflakes, one from silver mirror card and one from silver glitter card, but the glitter card has more of a soft lilac tone which picks up on the lilac in the topper perfectly.  I offset the snowflakes and added to the top left with glue gel and added a large gem.  Glitter glue highlights added to the topper scene to finish. 

Showing it opening up...


and it open.  
This paper has a lovely lilac snowfall patterned on the back so i cut a piece to mat into the middle of the exploding pop out.  Sentiment die cut from silver holographic card.  To help it stand out a bit more i went around the die cut with a blue fine liner.  I also backed my topper panel with the same paper so that it all looks neat and tidy from the inside too. 

Just showing the back, I used a paler paper from the set so i can write on it. 

Items Used:
12x12 paper pad from the works 'let it snow'
Double stitched rectangle dies
Snowflake die
CraftsUk Ltd smooth white card A3
SIlver holographic card
Silver glitter card
Ranger stickles 'diamond'

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope its a good week for you.  Keep warm.  Emmax


Id love to enter the following:

***

***










 

14 comments:

brenda said...

A pretty shape and delightful Winter scene Emma, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

Happy Christmas and keep warm, I'm sure you must struggle with cold weather as I do.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and fold love the Beautiful Wintry scene just wish it wasn't soooo cold here -2 with freezing fog!!!
Carol x

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

meg said...

A beautiful wintry scene,gorgeous paper and a wonderful layout,

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful winter scene on the card front and loving the way it opens up! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

StephW said...

Such a gorgeous wintery topper and a wonderful inside surprise ... Steph x

Linby said...

A beautiful winter scene and the inside is a great surprise. Lovely work. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge this week.

Pauline C said...

Brilliant intricate fold card and such a pretty scene - it really has the wow factor! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge
Pauline xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card with a great design and lovely colours, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous winter scene and design!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Stencil Fun}

jimlynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous and I know your parents will love it too. Very pretty paper!
Lynn

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Kirsty said...

Beautiful card Emma, I bet they loved it. Big hugs Kirsty.