Followers

Monday 6 February 2023

Flourishing Foxgloves

Good Morning everyone

Today is a small batch of cards made using a pink ink foxglove stamp,  this was the first outing for it and while it was out and I was colouring in I did a few of them....

The first card i made was for a family friend in France who sent a lovely present back for me with my parents

5x8" kraft card base.  I stamped the foxgloves onto white card and watercoloured with distress inks, i splattered some of the same inks on the background and mounted the panel onto the base card.  I stamped 3 lavinia stamps bee, 2 direct onto the topper panel and one onto spare white card, all watercoloured with distress inks.  The 3rd bee i cut out and added with glue gel on top of the foxgloves, adding a light touch of glitter glue to all the bees wings.

I die cut my sentiment from white card, adhered to a strip of kraft card and added that to the base.  I did a second version of this card saying hello which i forgot to take a photo of.

Just a close up, i added some dots to the foxglove centres with a posca paint pen.  Distress inks used - picked raspberry, wilted violet, seedless preserve, evergreen bough, rustic wilderness, wild honey & Lemonade

***


Version 2, i decided to leave the foxgloves white and add the colour around the outside, i used my derwent inktense pencils for this and drew around where i wanted the colour and then blended out with water

5x8" white card base.  Once colouring my foxgloves and adding splatters with the same colours i cut to fit the card front, matting onto a layer of purple satin card and then the base.  I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set onto the offcut of white card after i had cut my base card to size, matted onto more of the purple satin and then the base with foam tape.  I stamped 2 lavinia butterfly stamps on white, watercoloured in contrasting tones of yellow/orange, cut out and added to the card with glue gel, leaving the wings free.  Touches of glitter glue on the butterfly wings and the sentiment strip.


Version 3 
 we have some apricot foxgloves in the garden so coloured these similar

5x8" white cardbase.  I watercoloured the foxgloves with distress inks - dried marigold, honey, bundled sage, evergreen bough, forest moss, shaded lilac, violet, blueprint. Matted onto burnt orange satin card and then the base.  The butterflies coloured in a contrasting purple. 

Just a close up, you can make out the burnt orange satin better here, it really comes to life when the light hits it. 


Items Used:
Pink Ink stamps 'flourishing foxglove'
Lavinia stamps butterflies
Chocolate baroque bee stamps
Derwent inktense pencils
Alpha dies - unknown brands
Anna-marie birthday print card
Ranger stickles glitter glue


Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you all have a brilliant week. Emmaxx

Id love to enter my first card in the following:

***










 

14 comments:

meg said...

Stunning cards Emma,you always showcase and colour your images beautifully,especially like the apricot card.

Linby said...

Beautiful bright colours and a lovely card. It looks good on all three versions. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge. Lynn x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

SUCH BEAUTIFUL CARDS Emma
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

gwen70 said...

Beautiful card Emma, love the stamp xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous cards and absolutely love the beautiful Foxgloves and little Bees-I have a patch of these in the garden
Carol x

jimlynn said...

Very pretty stamp and sensational cards! I love the way you colored each one so different and yet they're all so beautiful! Fabulous cards!
Lynn

brenda said...

Digitalis are my favourite cottage garden flowers and I love seeing them each year, your cards are a delight, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Ellibelle said...

These are absolutely beautiful, each version is so pretty! But think my favorite is that stunning purple on the first card.
Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

pinkclover.cards said...

All are beautiful Emma. I like the technique of colouring the area around the flowers but not the flowers themselves - must try this!
Fatima x

Kate Jeffery said...

stunning cards Emma
Kate x

Kirsty said...

These are all just beautiful Emma, love the foxglove stamp, so pretty and all gorgeously coloured in. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

Makira said...

💗💗💗 this. I saw this on Papercraft Challenge and had to stop by for a closer look. I would love you to enter it into my Park Hopping My Happy Place challenge. Your card represents the Flower and Garden Festival in Epcot, DisneyWorld, FL. Your card is a welcome addition to our challenge, and I'd be thrilled to have you join us. Have a creative week.
Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
https://mkccreate.home.blog/

StephW said...

Such a pretty set of floral makes, foxgloves & bees just go together so well ... Steph x

Renate said...

How beautiful you have made this. I think I like the first card the most.
Thank you for joining our challenge.

-xiss- Renate.
(DT papercraft Challenges)