Followers

Monday 13 March 2023

Spring Daffodils

Good Morning everyone

Its not often these days that I buy a craft magazine but after seeing crafters using these lovely daffodil stamps from 'simply cards & papercraft issue 240' i did go and buy the magazine. 

Ive made a start on my Easter cards, teaming the daffodil stamps up with colourful backgrounds and a new die set i was lucky enough to get for Christmas.  I first made a few backgrounds using brushos and pixie powders, once dry I stencilled over the top with oxide inks. 


Card size approx 6x6"  I first die cut my base card from white cardstock.  I then used a smaller die to cut my inky background which i then stamped my sentiment into place with black ink and then dry embossed with a raindrop embossing folder, I then adhered to the base card.  I then die cut a frame from white card and added on top with foam tape.

I stamped the daffodils onto more white card and coloured with alcohol markers, cut them out and arranged in place using pinflair glue gel for the flower heads and normal tacky pva for the stems which i tucked under the frame edge.  I added a single daffodil to the right hand side. 

Just a close up of the background, i used honeycomb, floral & umbrella stencils - i had the idea of April showers bring may flowers in my head with the umbrella stencil and raindrop embossing. 

Version 2, no embossing on this one and a different sentiment from the stamp set

 The magazine came with several papers too so i used some for the inserts and stamped more daffodils from the set with oxide inks.  


***

and this 2nd set came about after having the white negative left over from cutting the frames on the 1st set, so they are smaller cards at just under 5"

Ive gone with a mix of daffodil colours this time,  

I first die cut my base card, then a piece of brusho/pixie powder card and dry embossed with a sun ray embossing folder, sentiment stamped in the middle before embossing.  The piece that was left over from the previous cards I added with foam tape after cutting a smaller die from the middle.  I then stamped the 3 daff image onto more white card, coloured with alcohol markers and cut out and attached to the frame so that they are slightly overlapping the inside edge. 


again i used some of the papers from the magazine for the inserts

Items Used:
Daffodil stamp set ' simply cards & papercraft mag 240'
Clearly besotted sentiment stamps
Crafters companion raindrop EF
Sunray EF
Funkyfossil umbrella stencil
Honeycomb & sunflower stencils
Brusho powders 
Cosmic shimmer pixie powders
Oxide inks
CraftUk ltd 300gsm white card

Thank you all for popping by, i hope its a good week for you. Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter my first card in the following:


***


***

***

***






 

16 comments:

meg said...

Two beautifully designed sets of cards,the Spring colours,stamping and layouts are stunning

brenda said...

That die is a really pretty shape Emma, that little but different and your cards just yell Spring with the lovely fresh colours and Daffodils.

So pleased you shared with us at We Love Stamping March challenge, thank you.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful cards love the shape Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Back to say Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog


Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Diane said...

Wow, your cards are beautiful, daffodils are my favorite Spring flower, your stenciled cards can be entered in our Stencil Fun challenge and also in our NEW Triple B challenge which is all about blooms, butterflies and/or birds!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful Spring/Easter cards,love the shape and beautiful Daffodils
Carol x

jimlynn said...

I just saw my first daffodils around here several days ago. I think that means spring is around the corner now. LOVE your daffodil cards. The shape of them and how you did them is sensational. Beautiful!
Lynn

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful shape for a card and I love the colours, the texture and the backgrounds. Brilliant. Thanks for sharing with us at we love stamping and for joining in with the theme xx

Nicolette said...

Lovely card.
Thanks for sharing it.
Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning cards, I have that magazine and haven't even taken the stamps out of the packing yet! You've inspired me to go get them out, at least. Thank you. Gorgeous design and stencilling and colour mixes. Love them all. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Caroline said...

Lovely card.
Thanks for joining our challenge.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

StephW said...

Oh these daffs are gorgeous, love all the different styles you've made ... Steph x

tweety.cardworld said...

Congrats on the well deserved success in the We Love Stamping Challenge, Emma👏🙋🏼‍♀️Rgds Tiina a.k.a Tweetie (CW) / tweety. cardworld (IG) / Cards by Tweety (Blogger)

Kirsty said...

Beautiful selection of cards Emma, love the daffodil stamps and fabulous designs. Great use of leftover bits in the second set too. Thank you for my Easter card, big hugs Kirsty. Xx

Kirsty said...

Beautiful selection of cards Emma, love the daffodil stamps and fabulous designs. Great use of leftover bits in the second set too. Thank you for my Easter card, big hugs Kirsty. Xx