Followers

Monday 20 March 2023

Crocus for mum

Good Morning everyone

Today im sharing the card Ive made for my mum for Mother's day


Approx size 7x7" I first die cut my cardbase using these fab inverted corner dies and then cut a smaller layer from cardstock coloured with brusho's, from this brusho piece i die cut the memory box circle burst from the middle, i added rose gold mirror card behind this aperture and attached the panel to the base card.  I then die cut 2 frames using the same shape dies and white cardstock, one i adhered flat to the base card and one i added with 2mm foam tape.......I ended up with the smaller inner frame which i added flat as after die cutting my frame I felt the aperture was too big.

I then stamped lots of the Chocolate baroque crocus stamps and watercoloured with distress inks, added some detail with posca pens and then cut them out.  I then got building up the arrangement with glue gel, tucking them behind the frame.  I then added a big bee that i had left over from previous project but it was the ideal touch as mum & I were watching the bees on her crocus the other day. 

Computer printed sentiment die cut into a circle to finish.

Just a close up, this lovely rose gold mirror card is from Crafters companion and the memory box circle burst die is still one of my most used and ive had it about 10yrs now. 

Items Used:
Chocolate Baroque stamps 'spring is in the air' & 'honey bee'
Memory box dies 'circle burst'
Circle & Inverted square dies
Brusho's - turquoise,lime
Distress inks - wild honey, vintage photo, evergreen bough, seedless preserve, shaded lilac
Posca pens - white, lemon, lilac

 Thank you all for popping by once again.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the week and then weekend.  Emmax

Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***

***

***











15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning card Emma Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

a stunning card Emma
Kate x

jimlynn said...

The dimension and all that detail are WOWSERS!! So beautiful and I know your mom must have loved this card.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Spring Mothers Day,card love the shape and beautiful crocus and Bee
Carol x

meg said...

A wonderful shaped base card and frame,love the crocus and your background colours

StephW said...

Gorgeous array of crocuses, beautifully designed for your Mum ... Steph x

stampinwithanita said...

Such a beautifully layered colored card! The crocus flowers are stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Pat K said...

A gorgeous spring card Emma. Great shape with wonderful layers and beautifully coloured image. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Simply stunning, well done! Thanks for playing in the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Your creation is gorgeous and we hope to see you again! XOX, Aimeslee DT

Jan Mahew said...

Remarkable coloring of your crocus, Emma! Love the unique shape and layers of your card. Thank you for sharing your spectacular spring creation with us at "Beautiful Blossoms". Looking forward to you joining us again.
Hugs,
Jan

Jean S said...

A gorgeous card for your Mum Emma. I’m sure she loved it…., I must look out my brushos as not used for ages xxx

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Love the card shape, so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations and good luck Jayne DT

Donna Ellis said...

What a fun, "geometric" card without the bee hive! I LOVE THIS! I can smell your pretty crocuses, and the thoroughly enjoy your textures and layers. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Happy Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Kirsty said...

Stunning card Emma, it must take you ages to do all the cutting out? I wouldn’t have anything left if I was cutting something so delicate as those stems!!! Absolutely beautiful, bet your Mum loved it. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the shape of your card base and your cheerful, colourful flowers.

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Helen x
DT