Followers

Thursday 11 May 2023

Colourful florals

Good Morning everyone

Today is a couple of cards using paperartsy stamps i was gifted, more DL cards im afraid.  Ive used the same stamps on all of them but gone with very different colour combos.  


White DL card (8x4")  I first stamped and watercoloured the images with wink of stella pens so they really shimmer in the light which sadly the photos don't pick up.  I then dug through my background pile to find some that contrast - this first one was with oxide inks, I then stencilled over the top with various floral and foliage stencils with distress inks and oxide inks to give some depth in the background and feeling you are in the garden.  I die cut it with a fancy DL die and then stamped some of the smaller stamps from the set in grey.

I added my flowers with glue gel and doodled in some stems for them.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card, matted onto orange and then white die cut with the fancy dies i used for the main image.  I added this panel with foam tape and attached the butterflies.

*** 




Version 2, flowers again coloured with wink of stella pens, the background was using brushos, again i then stencilled and stamped over the top. I added stickles 'frosted lace' to the circular foliage stamp I used in the background as it gives a fluffy white finish.

I stamped some words from another paperartsy set i was gifted, which reads 'have a bloomin' marvellous day', I cut them out, mounted onto yellow card and added glossy accents over the words. 

***
Version 3. This time i started with a white background and stenciled on foliage to build up a garden scene, then stamping one of the foliage stamps with green ink. I used a sunray stencil with amber oxide ink.  I matted my DL die cut onto white card inked with the stamp purple wink of stella pens i used to colour the flower so this card is full sparklicious! I stamped the flower stems in place with black ink and then added the flower heads & butterflies with glue gel.  

Stamped sentiment mounted on foam tape and yellow enamel dots added to finish. 

I was trying to capture some of the sparkle but sadly photos just don't pick it up



Items Used:
Paperartsy stamps EKC03 & JOFY11
Technique Tuesday sentiment stamp 'Hi there'
Distress Inks & Oxide Inks
Brusho's
Kuretake Wink of Stella pens
DL nesting dies
Various stencils

Thank you for popping by once again.  I hope you have a good weekend.  Hugs Emmaxxx


Id love to enter the 1st card in the following:

***

***

***










 

13 comments:

meg said...

An absolutely stunning collection of cards Emma,changing the background and colours on the florals gives a different feel to each design,love them all

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Really impressive and beautiful cards, love very much all the versions, your palettes are marvellous and the designs very well constructed.
The card you entered at WLS looks delightful with the stencilled background, it's so vibrant! Sweet choice for the sentiment on the fancy panel!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping May challenge!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolutely stunning cards Emmy they are so pretty Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

stunning cards Emma
Kate x

jimlynn said...

I know how they must shine with that Wink of Stella being used on them. They're simply gorgeous!!! I think I'm in love with the ones in purple. Beautiful!
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous cards and love the beautiful stamps and different colourways.
Carol x

Diane said...

ALL of the cards are beautifully created and love the pretty colors on each one!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Triple B}
{Stencil Fun}

StephW said...

Love everything about these beauties! Just gorgeous ... Steph x

Jean S said...

They are so lovely Emma, love the colours you’ve used , xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

So pretty and I love all the colour palettes you have used for these lovely creations. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

brenda said...

A really bright and cheery collection of cards Emma, many thanks for sharing with us our in the garden at We Love Stamping.

B x

Kirsty said...

What a brilliant bunch of cards Emma, just gorgeous and so inspiring. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

Mervi said...

Both stunning cards!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m