Followers

Monday 29 May 2023

Vellum butterflies

Good Morning everyone

Today im sharing a little happy mail card i made for a friend, I used vellum for my butterflies and some lovely glittery paste for the background

White DL card base.  I first die cut a panel to fit my base from white cardstock and then using stamperia glitter paste through a crazy pathing effect stencil and then put that to one side to dry.
 I die cut the butterflies from white vellum and coloured on the back with alcohol markers in pink, blue & purple.  To help the colour pop on the vellum i backed the butterflies with white copier paper, just gluing them together down the body so that the wings are free.
Once the glitter paste was totally dry i mix distress inks with plenty of water and added to the background, the paste resists it and it settles in between really allowing the crazy paving effect to show.  Once this was dry i adhered it to the cardbase.

I then glued the butterflies into place, leaving the wings free.  Glossy accents added to the bodies for some extra interest.


I couldn't get any of my sentiments to work with it so in the end left it message free

I think in this photo you can just make out the glitter in the background

Items Used:
Studio light 'just lou' butterfly dies
DL eyelet die
Stencil
Stamperia paste 'arctic ice'
Papermania white vellum
Alcohol markers
Distress inks rustic wilderness, salty ocean

Thank you all for stopping by, i hope you have a good week, the weather is looking good for this half term.  Hugs Emmax

Id love to enter the following:

***

***







 

13 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a very beautiful card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

The butterflies are stunning against the gorgeous textured background

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card,love the textured stencilling and beautiful vellum butterflies
carol x

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful butterflies and loving the sparkle!
Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Ellibelle said...

I'm back again, so great to see this beautiful creation at I spy with my little eye, too. Thanks so much for joining in!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely design and such pretty colours too. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
Lorraine

Jean S said...

So lovely and can imagine these in. The. velum which will be beautifulxx

Linby said...

This is so beautiful and a great idea to use vellum. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

jimlynn said...

So beautiful and I love the colors you used for the butterflies!
Lynn

Sarn said...

Really gorgeous card with your vertical row of butterflies x

StephW said...

So delicate and very pretty ... Steph x

Kirsty said...

Beautiful card Emma, love the background effect and gorgeous butterflies, would brighten any bodies day. Big hugs Kirsty. Xxx