Followers

Friday 2 June 2023

Cats on books

Good Morning everyone

Today im sharing a card I am honoured to make for guest DT for 

So i dug out my Katzelkraft cat stamps and had a play.   Each time i looked at these cats on books stamps i kept thinking about a library so ive built a little library room for them to enjoy.

Card size 6x7"  I found an old 6x6 paper pad in my stash which was ideal for a wood paneled wall and some of the papers had these small photo images, clock, suitcases and little newspapers so they were ideal to build up my little scene.  Sorry i don't know the name of the paper pad or make as its long lost its cover.

I stamped the cats and watercoloured with inktense pencils and then cut them out.  I added a couple of cat words on the spine of a couple of books with a black fine liner for a bit of fun.

I matted a wood panel and soft green patterned paper onto the card front.  I worked out where i wanted the cats and then arranged the scene with clock and pics on the walls and a pile of suitcases sat on the floor - these were all cut out of one of the papers and i inked the edges with vintage photo distress ink. 

I then glued the cats into place with pinflair glue gel.   From one of the papers i cut out 2 mini newspapers, one i rolled up and i glued them onto the floor.  Tim holtz chit chat sticker 'attitude is everything' to finish.


My old cat never just sits on the floor, she has to have something underneath her, so when she first arrived it was anything i'd briefly put down on the floor, so yep books, newspaper etc, so now she has a little foot stool in each room to perch upon and lord it over the rest of them.  So these cats on books remind me of her. 
Here you can see the little newspapers, i just rolled the top one up for a bit of interest



I also decorated the inside of the card with papers from the same pad, a die cut oval and another one of the cat stamps from the same stamp set.   I made the cardbase and the oval from cream cardstock instead of white as it went better with the vintage feel of the paper pad. 

Items Used:
Katzelkraft stamp set 'cats on books' KTZ295 
6x6" paper pad
Derwent inktense pencils
Tim Holtz chit chat stickers

Thank you all for stopping by my blog, please do hop over to https://crazyforcatschallenges.blogspot.com/ to join in the fun with your cat themed makes. Hugs Emmaxxx

Id also love to enter the following:

***

***

***









 

11 comments:

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

meg said...

Enjoyed reading about your cat,I had one exactly the same,he had to have the most comfy seat.A beautiful card for any cat lover

jimlynn said...

What a cute idea to put all the cats in a library! Love this and those kitties are so precious - with yes, just the right attitude too! Fantastic card and congrats on the guest spot for the challenge too.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Love all the cats and the library you created
carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous image and card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

StephW said...

There are some very well read cats in your library and they all look very pleased with themselves! Gorgeous creation ... Steph x

Jean S said...

Brilliant!!! Emmaxx

Doris Klein said...

Awesome make with this fun cats! I like it!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Heather said...

How fun!! The background paper is perfect for your scene! I had a cat that would also have to sit on ANY paper that ended up on the floor or furniture--always! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

Fikreta said...

its so wonderful!
Thank you for playing at SUYP/Cats only challenge
 Hope to see you again! Good luck!
 Fiki  
my blog: Bad Kitty's Craft Room  

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card Emma, love your library scene. Hope you’re doing okay as see you haven’t put a card on for a few weeks. Mojo missing still? Big hugs Kirsty. Xx