Followers

Thursday 15 June 2023

Happy Fathers day

Good Morning everyone.

My papercraft mojo has been on holiday for many weeks and i was beginning to think i wouldn't be able to make a card for dad this fathers day but thankfully the idea came just in time.  Im not a crafter that can just sit down and play with stash, I have to have the idea and then make it in my head first, unless im feeling the vibe there is no results on the desk. 

I bought these Katzelkraft cow stamps in the Christmas sales so this is their first outing. They are ideal for my dad who has too very old pet cows called noddy & pansy who are full of character like these two. 


5.5x7.5" kraft card base.  I coloured some white cardstock with green brusho powders and put to one side  to dry.  I took a piece of white card 5x7" and inked with distress inks tumbled glass & salty ocean for the sky and twisted citron & lucky clover for the grass.  I then stencilled some foliage on top using oxide inks and attached it to the base card.

From the brusho'd cardstock i die cut the spellbinders leafy frame, i cut the middle out using a craft knife, added foam tape to the back and added it to the base card over my background.

I stamped the cows onto kraft cardstock,  watercoloured with inktense pencils & cut them out. I added the bigger one which is just a head and shoulders image by just tucking the end behind the frame so it looks like she is poking her head through the hedge. I added glossy accents to their eyes, noses & horns.  Stamped sentiment to finish. 



***

While I was at it i made a 2nd version for a friend, made the same way, i die cut alpha's to spell 'cows moo' as a pun on 'hows you'


Items Used:
Katzelkraft stamps 'SOLO180' Portrait de vache & 'SOLO176' La vache photographe
Woodware fathers day sentiment stamp
Spellbinders dies 'S6-006' Branching out
Foliage stencils
Brusho's - lime, leafy green
Distress Inks - tumbled glass, salty ocean, twisted citron, lucky clover, rustic wilderness
Distress Oxide inks - cracked pistachio, evergreen bough, salty ocean, twisted citron
Derwent inktense pencils
Kraft Cardstock
CraftUK ltd smooth white cardstock
Ranger glossy accents

Thank you all for stopping by.  Hugs Emmax


Id love to enter the following:





 

9 comments:

meg said...

A brilliant card for your dad,the cow stamps are fabulous fun,they look like a cheeky pair.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous father's day card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma sure your Dad will love his one
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the framed background and fabulous cows and colouring-sounds just perfect for your Dad
Carol x

jimlynn said...

This is just the cutest ever and I know your dad will love it. The cows are adorable and love the design with that larger one on the side. Fantastic and fun card!
Lynn

dj said...

Awesome!! Perfect for a guy with pet cows...I love their names!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you got your mojo and played along with our “Let’s Hear It For The Boys” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Thanks for sharing your creativity and playing along with our challenge!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS498

Jean S said...

Aw Emma it’s Brilliant, Im Sure he loved it xx

Doris Klein said...

Nice make... I love the frame!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Kirsty said...

Brilliant cards Emma, love the cheeky cows and I bet Dad did too. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx