Followers

Thursday 20 July 2023

Its Summertime

Good Morning everyone.

The Katzelkraft stamp set i used for my Christmas in July cards had a 4th door stamp which was more square than the others so didn't fit my arch shape so here Ive made a summery card with it instead. 

6x6" white card base.  I first stamped the image and watercoloured with distress inks, i added glossy accents to the little window & the lanterns and glitter to the flowers.  Once dry die cut into a wonky stitched square.

I took a piece of white card, inked one side with iced spruce & shaded lilac distress inks which id used to watercolour some of the image and added to one side of a brick embossing folder and ran through the machine.  On putting the card together I think i should have inked the other side of the folder so that the bricks were white and the mortar grey, but i think as ive covered most of it up I can get away with my wall building error😀

I die cut ivy from card previously inked with green brushos & pixie powders so it has a subtle shimmer in the light.  I inked up a scrap of white card with raspberry & persimmon distress inks which i used to watercolour the flowers on the topper, once die i die cut into small flowers .I attached my door topper with glue gel and then arranged the ivy and flowers.  I added glitter glue to the flower centers for a bit of shimmer.

Stamped sentiment to finish.

Just a close up

Items Used:
Katzelkraft stamps 'les portes'
Clearly besotted stamps 'seasonal sentiment' 
Crafters companion 8x8 brick embossing folder
Ivy & flower dies
Distress Inks: Iced spruce, shaded lilac, twisted citron,peeled paint, picked raspberry, ripe persimmon, evergreen bough
Brushos
Cosmic shimmer lime pixie powder

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  Hugs Emma


Id love to enter the following:



 

11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card love the design Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Absolutely stunning Emma,so many to y details and texture,your card reminds me of a traditional village cottage

jimlynn said...

I think your background brick wall looks great - and I love all the greenery and flowers. Such a pretty image too. Beautiful card.
Lynn

StephW said...

Your artistic licence has turned out a beautiful creation! Such a pretty summertime window ... Steph x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Summery card love the window and the die-cut ivy
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

brenda said...

A very pretty summery card Emma, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping July challenges.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Emma this is so gorgeous - love the door image and all the flowers surrounding it. Your brick background is fabulous.
Thank you for sharing with us at We Love Stamping this month and using the theme
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Kirsty said...

Morning Emma, what a gorgeous card, love the design and think the brick wall embossing on the background is great. Beautiful. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely summery card, the image looks lovely surrounded by those pretty flowers.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril

Manuela said...

complimenti bel progetto. grazie per aver partecipato alla sfida di The Crafting Challenge. continua a giocare con noi... Dt Manuela