Followers

Wednesday 2 August 2023

Charlotte is 4

Good Morning everyone.

My youngest niece Charlotte is 4 this month, which is scary.  
She starts school in September.  Ive been spending alot more time with her in the last 12 months which has been lovely as with the covid lockdowns we didn't see her much in the first 2 years. She has a close connection & natural instinct with animals and nature so for her 2 birthday cards ive gone with a animal theme.

A twist n pop card.  Approx size 6.5x5.5"  I made the twist n pop out of white card and then found some lovely papers in my stash to decorate inside and out.  A lovely craft friend sent me the stamped giraffes & pandas a while back so im not sure which brand they are.  I coloured them with alcohol markers and cut them out. 

I added the giraffes to the front with a stamped sentiment die cut into a speech bubble.

 

On the inside pop out i added die cut ovals to 3 panels and then the pandas. I computer printed the sentiment and die cut into ovals and attached.  I added a plain white oval to write the greeting on. 

Just  a close up. Knowing Charlottes sense of humour she will love these characters.

Id love to enter this card in the following:




***

and card 2 is a little box full of butterflies

I found this lovely 12x12 paper full of printed butterflies, then the idea of them all flying out of a box.  I first fussy cut the butterflies, there were 2 sheets in the pad so i cut out both sheets so that i could have the same butterfly front and back.  I then cut half inch strips of thin acetate, i took 2 of the same butterfly and sandwiched the acetate inbetween, i then scored and folded the acetate and added the next 2 butterflies and so on, i added 15 butterflies in total.  I added lots of stickles glitter glues to the butterflies for some sparkle.

I added an eyelet to the top of the acetate strip and ribbon so that charlotte can hang it up and enjoy.

I then worked out what size box i wanted for it and made up out of cream cardstock, decorate with more pretty papers, added another butterfly on the top and computer printed sentiments to finish.  When you take the lid off the box the butterflies start to pop out with the spring in the acetate.

The box is 3x3x2" in size and the butterflies are 28" long


Just showing them hung up.  Yes the 2nd butterfly is upside down - after that hiccup i made sure all the rest were glued on correctly - Im sure Charlotte won't mind😁  Make&create paper pad from the works 'beau jardin' for the butterflies and little box.


Thank you all for stopping by.  Sorry ive not been round much lately, so much going on in my family recently and both of my brothers families and our parents are all moving home this summer so its a bit manic to say the least.  However it will be lovely once all finished as one brother and his family will be much closer to me so i will see those nieces more often.  Take care. Emmax





 

10 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning selection today Emma.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Charlotte will treasure these cards Emma,the giraffes and pandas made me smile,they are adorable,the butterfly hanging is fabulous

jimlynn said...

Your first card that's for Charlotte is so adorable and fun. She's going to love opening this and seeing all the animals. Precious!!! Love the second on too with that string of butterflies. So pretty and creative.
Lynn

Deanne Saunders said...

Happy birthday Charlotte!!! Adorable card!!! I love giraffes!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Pia S said...

This is both super cute and cool, and as pretty on the inside as on the front. Great job! Thanks for participating in our challenge over at Try it on Tuesday.

Larelyn said...

Fabulous fold and such delightful animals. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Animals challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Gerda said...

What a fabulous projects!! Love the pretty card fold you used! Your box with the butterflies is gorgeous!! What a great idea!! Love it!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

StephW said...

Wonderful interactive animal make, love the sleepy panda on the branch! Gorgeous keepsake box of butterflies ... Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Kirsty said...

Fab Giraffe card Emma and just adore the box of butterflies, I’m sure Charlotte did too. Brilliant as usual. Big hugs Kirsty. X