Followers

Monday 28 August 2023

Mermaid shutter cards

Good Morning everyone


Today im sharing 2 mermaid shutter cards.  I was given this fab quirky mermaid stamps by funky fossil stamps and decided to team them up with my funky fossil weird fish stamps.


I used my tattered lace A4 shutter card die set for the base and die cut panels from sea themed paper. I stamped the mermaids and fish,  coloured them with alcohol markers, added glossy accents to the eyes and cut them out. I then got arranging them on the base with pinflair glue gel.  Stamped the sentiments from the mermaid set, cut them up, inked the edges and added. 

I took the starfish printed paper and overstamped it with the puns from the stamp set with a green/blue ink. I stenciled areas with a glossy medium and scales stencil to add more interest to the background.  


You can just make out the glossy stencilling behind the starfish here, when the light hits it, it is really shiny. 
and the back of the card, another paper from the water themed pad from the works called 'fresh feelings'    I added a white panel to the middle to write the greeting on.


***

Version 2

Made the same way, just different base paper and colours





Items Used
Funky fossil stamps 'weird fish' & 
Make & Create paper pad 'feeling fresh' from the works
Tattered lace A4 shutter die set
Stencil 'fish scales'
Cosmic shimmer Glossy Glaze 'spring mint'
Various distress inks
Alcohol markers
Ranger glossy accents
Ranger stickles glitter glue 'diamond'

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you all have a good week.  Hugs Emmax

Id love to enter the following:





 

15 comments:

meg said...

Absolutely brilliant Emma,the mermaids and weird fish work together beautifully with your papers and layout on both cards,they made me smile, love them

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shutter cards,great sea themed papers and I love all the weird fish and Mermaid stamps
Carol x

jimlynn said...

Both are awesome and so fun! WOW!!! I love these and those images are cute, cute, cute. Fabulous cards!
Lynn

Heather said...

Dang, Emma, so flippin' cute, and such an awesome design! Love this pretty fold, how perfect for an underwater scene, and I so love all your little fish! Great colors! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Sue Nicholson said...

Wow brilliant cards, love them thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

pinkclover.cards said...

Great cards Emma. Love the quirky characters!
Fatima x

Jan Clothier said...

What a lot of work in these fun and funky cards! I love them! It's reminding me of reading 'One Fish, Two Fish' to my grand-daughter - what a lot of funny things there are! It's a pretty impressive fold too - thank you for joining in with us at As You See It.

Kate said...

Fintastic cards Emma and ever so colourful! Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Kate Jeffery said...

brilliant cards Emma
Kate x

StephW said...

Love your pairing of FF images they work so well together in your wonderful shutter cards ... Steph x

Clur said...

Awesome cards Emma! Clare x

Heather Cooper said...

My goodness, Emma, such a lot of work went into these cards and they are so funky and a lot of fun. The colours you used are perfect for the beach! Thanks for getting our theme on at As You See It Challenges!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These cards are so colourful and creative and those funky fish and mermaids are so quirky - how fun! Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It for our beach theme challenge!

Kirsty said...

These two cards are just brilliant Emma, more like art pieces than cards, just so much detail. Love the bright colours and watery papers. Inspirational as always. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx