Followers

Monday 4 September 2023

Charlotte's under the sea

Good Morning everyone

For each of my nieces ive made a personalised picture for their walls.  Charlotte was a baby during covid lockdowns so we didn't see her much at all.  Since last Autumn she has been staying at my parents a fair bit and we have got to know her well.  She has a real empathy for nature and after taking her out shell collecting this spring i finally knew what theme i wanted to do her picture.  Out came my pink ink stamps and ive used several shells that Charlotte herself collected on our day out at the beach. 

Picture size: 12x9" 
  I first made a background with brusho's, cosmic shimmer pixie powders and stencilling - photos below.
I then stamped out the stamps onto white card and watercoloured with my inktense pencils which are colourfast & cut them all out. I then die cut thick cardboard from a cat food box with a Sizzix bigz die to spell charlotte, painted them black and covered with glossy accents, i adhered them into place with pinflair glue gel.  I then got arranging my scene.

I added a pearl bead in one of the shells just for a bit of fun. I used a mix of shells, little pieces of drift wood & some small pebbles.

Its difficult to make out in the photos, but i found a pack iridescent green strands in my stash ive had for years, i added a few of them, just pushing the ends into the glue gel behind my images and shells so that they float freely and catch the light when it hits them. 



I stencilled on seaweed using green acrylic paints & cadence dora paints which really shimmer when the light hits them.

You can really make out the glittery stencilled 'bubbles' here.  I also stencilled on some fish with oxide inks

Just showing it in its frame.  I found this wooden box frame in the charity shop, gave it whitewash with white gesso, added some rope around the inside edge and added a lovely large shell which also hides the rope ends. 

Items Used:
Tim Holtz Bigz alpha die
Pink Ink stamps 'pinky inky' 'sea turtle'
Various foliage stamps
Foliage & circle stencils
Stamperia stencil - fish
Brusho powders 'turquoise' 'sea green'
Cadence dora paints
Derwent inktense pencils

Thank you all for stopping by. I hope you have a good week.  Emmaxx

Id love to enter the following:



***

***

***

***











 



 

12 comments:

meg said...

Charlotte will treasure this fabulous underwater project Emma, so many detailed beautifully coloured images,lots of texture,shine and shimmer

Diane said...

Beautifully creative, I m sure she will love it and treasure it forever!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

jimlynn said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous! All the sea creatures are so pretty and I love everything about this. The real shells just add to the beauty of it all and she's going to be so excited once she sees that those were some of the shells she collected. A beautiful gift!
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

WOW this is brilliant-fabulous textured background,love all the sea creatures and shells,framed beautifully a brilliant personalised keepsake
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Fiona said...

What a fabulous special piece for your lovely niece - something for her to treasure always. I love all the little added extras, especially that pearl in the shell. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media.

Kate Jeffery said...

wow it's beautiful Emma sure Charlotte will treasure it
Kate x

Angela said...

This is gorgeous!

StephW said...

Love this Emma! Such a lot of gorgeous details ... Steph x

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

This is a beautiful creation! Such wonderful details and love the frame. Thank you for sharing with us at the Outlawz AG in a Card Free Zone. Shirley M., DT

Kirsty said...

Stunning piece of artwork for Charlotte’s room. Sure she was over the moon with it. Love it all, big hugs Kirsty. Xx

Kirsty said...

Absolutely stunning piece of art for Charlotte’s room, I bet she loved it. Love all the colour and details and the watery background. Amazing. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx