Followers

Monday 13 November 2023

Building block card

Good Morning everyone

Today is a fun fold, my first attempt at a 'building block' card, I found a template on pinterest which was too small for the topper I wanted to use so I just adjust it to the size I wanted.  Ive used these beautiful acetate printed flowers, they have a lovely gold holographic foil which sadly the photos don't do justice too.

Approx card size closed: 7x4.5"      Opened out on display: 7x9"   Full length is 11.5" 

I found a paper in my stash in the perfect colour tones as the flowers so matted onto the card base.  On the front panel i matted white card onto of the purple paper so that my flowers really stand out.    I die cut the flower pot from kraft card.  I adhered one of the floral sprays flat to the card and then adhered one onto the insert that goes into the pot so that it can be removed and used as a bookmark.


Showing the building blocks.  I die cut my friends name and happy birthday from white and gold hologaphic cardstock, used the gold as a drop shadow and adhered them into place.

Showing how the 'bookmark' removed.  Its hard to do these acetate floral sprays justice in the photo.

Items Used:
Floral PET/Acetate flowers (ebay find)
Tattered lace alphabet dies
Honey bee stamps - Flower pot die set
Birthday sentiment die
12x12 Patterned paper 

Id love to enter the following:

***

***

***

***



***
While i was in the mood i made a few more

A get well card, i used pink and lemon acetate butterflies which have holographic gold foiling, and die cut lots of mini butterflies to go with them.

Just a generic with love version this time using green & yellow acetate butterflies.

Thank you all for stopping by.  I hope you all have a good week. Emmax



 

15 comments:

Wendy L said...

These are great what a surprise inside , thanks for joining us at MTTC, xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic card design Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Diane said...

Gorgeous and beautifully creative cards!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

meg said...

A wonderful layout with beautiful papers and embellishments Emma

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous building block fold cards,love the absolutely beautiful flowers,beautiful butterflies and great litle bookmark too.
Carol x

Kampin' Karen said...

Emma, what a beautiful card. The flowers are exceptional and I love your lettering on the building blocks. The recipient will be pleased! Thank you for entering your creation in the Creative Creases Challenge.
Karen, DT

Carrie said...

What a unique and beautiful card design! And I love that you made 3 of them! You were really on a roll! Each one is beautiful with the lovely acetate flowers and butterflies! Thank you so much for sharing at Creative Creases!

StephW said...

Beautiful fun fold cards, love the idea of the bookmark to keep and personalisation ... Steph x

Debbie Mageed said...

Absolutely gorgeous building block card, Emma! I love this fun fold so much. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Kirsty said...

Stunning selection of cards Emma, love the floral one and the book mark is beautiful bet Jean loved it. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat, IIonka
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

Rae said...

Your first attempt at this fold is perfect! Thank you for sharing with us and thank you for entering Creative Creases #70 Challenge. Hope to see you for the next one.
Rae, DT

Rae said...

Rae again... back to congratulate you on being our winner for Creative Creases #70!

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma
Kate x

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing. Happy Christmas cheers Sue N x