Followers

Sunday 31 December 2023

Happy New Year

Good Evening everyone

I hope you all had a good Christmas, due to life and ill health I haven't been able to post for a while so im doing a mass upload of my Christmas cards so that I have a record of them.

Wishing you all a Happy and more importantly a Healthy New Year. 



Christmas Poinsettia's

Using up offcuts of acetate, i had some folded thin strips which i adhered between folded strips of white pearl cardstock - these were also offcuts from making card blanks.  Sentiment stamped with iced spruce distress ink using Lisa Horton stamps 'festive flurry sentiments'Tim holtz tattered poinsettia die used to cut more offcuts of acetate which were coloured with red alcohol inks. 

Version 2 - the holly was die cut from silver mirror card which was coloured with green alcohol inks  Cheerylynn holly die    Gold gems added for some bling.  I used lightly patterned papers for  my inserts which show through the acetate panels


***
Christmas patchwork

Using Lisa Horton 'Diagonal square background' 'LHCCD073'  I die cut lots of little offcuts & scraps from various Christmas papers, green pearl card, red satin card and gold mirror card and paper pieced them together.

Ideal for batch making and very therapeutic to make.

***

Nativity

Woodware 'rejoice' stamp set  I have stamped the image onto white vellum and coloured the back with alcohol markers.  Used DL nesting dies to make a frame and mounted onto a white card blank.  Touch of glitter glue added.

The same but different colourway

***
Winter berries

aall&create stamps 'squiggles' #498, MFT christmas sentiment die, star die.   I stamped the berries with a green ombre ink pad and inked the edges with the same ink, matted onto a dark green pearl cardstock and then my white base card.  I then raided my scrap box and die cut the sentiment from red satin card and the star from white and gold mirri card and layered up.  Glitter then added to the berries to finish. 


Sadly the photos don't do the satin & mirror cards justice

This version is gold mirri for the sentiment, red satin for the star outline and gold glitter card for the stars body.

***


Father Christmas


Using Katzelkraft stamps 'reindeer sleigh' 'SOLO144' , hunkydory snowfall acetate I stamped the image and watercoloured with my derwent inktense pencils and cut out.  I used an Ivory violet pearl cardstock for the base, frames and sentiment.  Using a Christmas paper pad from the works (called let it snow) for my inserts which also acted as the background showing through the snowfall acetate on the front. Sentiment is an old magazine freebie which i stamped with a blue ink so softer than black. 

Different colourways

Thank you all for popping by.  I look forward to getting back into blogland and seeing all your creations this year.  Happy Crafting for 2024! Emmax




 

5 comments:

meg said...

Hi Emma so sorry to read that you have had health issues,hope everything is improving now. A stunning array of Christmas cards,so many inspirational designs,especially love the nativity

crafty-stamper said...

Sorry to hear you have been ill Emma,best wishes for the New Year and hope your health and life improves,fabulous selection of cards and really love the Rejoice stamp.
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Sorry to hear that you have not been well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
A wonderful selection of cards.
Happy Healthy New Year
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

StephW said...

Great array of different festive makes Emma, hope 2024 will be kind to you and your family. Steph x

Kirsty said...

Lovely to see your work back on the blog and what a beautiful selection of Christmas cards my sweet. Hope things are improving for you now and things are settling with the family. May you all have a happy and healthy 2024 my sweet. Big hugs. Xx