Followers

Monday 29 January 2024

Horsey birthday

Good Morning everyone

I realised i haven't uploaded my brothers birthday card from September, i made a stair step card with a horse theme as he is now collecting horses (real ones)


I used 12x12 papers from paper pads from the works as they are the ideal weight for folding.  I went with a wood panel for the inside to give a stable feel and a green for the front for a meadow feel.  The front panel is matted onto brown and gold mirror card. After matting the green paper onto the brown card I die cut memory box circle from the middle and matted onto the gold mirror to give the effect of the sun.  Stamped sentiment die cut into a speech bubble to finish after gluing the image into place with glue gel.

I used digital images from HettyClare on Etsy - images called 'friends forever' & 'say cheese' .  Printed out at different sizes and watercoloured with inktense pencils and then cut out.  

and the inside.  I die cut the alphas from brown cardstock, matted onto circles die cut from white, gold mirror and brown card and adhered them to the steps. I added a die cut white oval to write the greeting on.  Then arranged the horses - I wanted some facing slightly different angles so i cut their heads off (promise it didn't hurt them) and glued back on at a different angle, also this digi stamp came with a girl rider which i didn't want so I also cut her away to leave just the horse.  


showing from a different angle.  Rob is really getting into training up work horses and took on a mother & foal in the autumn.....his old donkey is still the boss of the stables though😁




Thank you for stopping by once again.  Enjoy the rest of your week. Hugs Emmax

Id love to enter the first card in the following:

***

***

***














 

11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card great design Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Back to say a fabulous card
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog

StephW said...

These images are just full of fun and fabulous! Brilliant card for your brother ... Steph x

Sue Nicholson said...

Great fun card, hope settled into the new year, all the best Cheers Sue N x

Becca S said...

Wow! That's wonderful for your brother to own horses and a donkey! And creating a birthday card to reflect that and personalize with his name makes this card super special! The different horse images are hilarious! You can't help but smile when you see them! Thanks for sharing this at FarmQuest General Store for our anything goes farm and/or country theme! Appreciatively, Becca

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Emma, this stair-step card is too cute! I love the fun fold and haven't done this one yet. I really need to do it soon. Your images are so adorable! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Kampin' Karen said...

What a playful card and a great fun fold at that. I'm sure your brother loved it. Thanks for playing at Creative Creases.
Karen, DT

Rae said...

Emma, love this card and the fun images you've chosen. I like the "off-beat" colors you used for the front images too. Thank you for your entry in the Creative Creases Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Rae in Reno, DT

Carrie said...

What a wonderful, personalized stair step card! Rob is going to love it! Those horses turned out beautifully (glad they weren’t harmed when you cut their heads off😂)! Thanks so much for sharing this great card at Creative Creases!

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card for Rob Emma, love the cheeky horse characters and design, bet he loved it. Big hugs Kirsty.

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic card Emma bet Rob loved it
Kate x