Followers

Monday 22 January 2024

Mums birthday tulips

Good Morning everyone

I bought these PET/acetate printed Tulips on ebay to use for my mums birthday card, I finally decided to make a balcony front fold card to display them all.  This fold has been on my 'to try' list after the lovely Stephanie made this one for me for my birthday a couple of years ago.  I used a step by step beccysplace.tutorial-balcony-cards and just altered the sizes to make a 5x7" card



I made my base card up from white 300gsm cardstock.  I cut white panels smaller and embossed with a tulip embossing folder, matted these onto green patterned paper and then the base card.  I then got arranging the tulips, sticking some to the back panel, some to the back and front of the middle panel and some to the back of the front panel until it was nice and full with tulips.  I love how by just adhering the stems into place the flower heads have nice movement and the light can shine through them.


I die cut my birthday sentiment from more of the green paper and added to the bottom front panels

Showing it from above, you can see the middle section better here.  It all folds flat to go in an envelope.  Very simple really but effective.

Mum loved it and I also gave her a bunch of fresh tulips for her birthday along with her pressies

The tulips were an ebay find, the embossing folder is an old magazine freebie.  .

Id love to enter the following


***

***
 

***


***













 

12 comments:

Cathy said...

What a stunning card, bet your Mum loved it. The balcony fold looks amazing with these tulips. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

what a fantastic card design Emma love it.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

a stunning card Emma sure your Mum will love it
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the fabulous balcony fold card and absolutely beautiful tulips.
Carol x

Nancy said...

Well, if this isn't going to brighten your mom's birthday! It certainly brought a smile to my face. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and for using our Topping.

Deb said...

Gorgeous birthday card! Who wouldn't love a card like that? Thanks for link to tutorial.

Darlene said...

Oh Emma, this is just awesome! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Sure to bring a big smile! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

StephW said...

Your gorgeous tulip card for your Mum is amazing, such a riot of colour against the embossed panels. Glad you tried this style out, it was a fun one to do I remember! Steph x

Trina P. said...

Amazing and beautiful! A well deserved win at Triple B… congratulations! 👏🎉🎉🎉 I’ve never seen one of these before and can’t wait to try it.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh my gosh, Emma, what a glorious bouquet and fun fold design!
Thanks a bunch for celebrating our first birthday with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
xoxo, Aimeslee DT

Jean S said...

A gorgeous card for your mum Emma, jx

Jean S said...

Gorgeous card for,your mum jxx