Followers

Thursday 22 February 2024

coffee & flowers

Good Morning everyone

Here Ive used another of the stamps from the aall&create stamp set 'caffeinated'  - this lovely old coffee grinder reminds me of holidays spent at my grandparents when my brothers & I would argue over whos turn it was to grind the coffee beans - great fun😊

I made these 2 cards as happy mail for friends to give them a pick me up

6X6" card base which i die cut from a dark brown cardstock.  I stamped the image with brown ink onto cream cardstock, stencilled on some flowers with wild honey & vintage photo distress inks and then die cut with 2 of the smaller label shapes, creating a frame with the image in the middle section, .  I added the outside frame to the card front with foam tape and adhered the middle section back in flat - just to add some interest and dimension.

I stamped the image again onto cream card and watercoloured with distress inks, i then cut out the coffee grinder and flowers and added to the base image with glue gel.  Touch of glitter glue to the flower centres to finish with a little bling.

Version 2.  I used a coffee/ latte coloured cardstock here and my hexagon nested dies.  I stamped the image onto the coffee cardstock  and added a little colour with vintage photo distress ink.  i stamped again onto yellow patterned paper and cut out just the flowers, these i paper pieced onto the base image.  I die cut my shaped card base, die cut a smaller hexagon of lime green paper and stamped the coffee ring stamp with vintage photo, i then added the topper panel in place.  Rare for me as this is a totally flat card.

Items Used 
aall&create stamps 'caffeinated'
XL Nested shape dies
stencils
Distress Inks -wild honey, vintage photo, twisted citron, salty ocean
6x6" papers

Thank you all for stopping by once again, i really do appreciate all your visits and comments. Emmax

Id love to enter the following:

My cards are happy mail to cheer friends up
***











 

10 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two fabulous cards Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

Two beauties Emma,love the card shapes,stamped images and colour combinations

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Both versions are gorgeous, Emma - love the vintage grinders with happy flowers, colored so beautifully! My fave is card one with the pop of the blue, plus the added dimension but both are wonderful!! Spotted at DotMCC :)

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and love the Vintage image-must admit the first one is my favouritethe black borders make it pop.
Carol x

Becca S said...

Emma: Thanks so very much for sharing these vintage coffee grinder image cards to FarmQuest HomeStyle Kitchen challenges!!! Superb! I echo the previous comments too that both are beauties! I enjoyed reading how each was created! --Becca

StephW said...

Fabulous vintage coffee grinder machine, how things have changed nowadays! Love the colours in your first one especially x

My Side of Oz said...

Both of your cards are truly stunning! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge! Nan, DT

Kirsty said...

Two gorgeous cards Emma that would definitely cheer up the day. Love the colours and designs, big hugs Kirsty. x

Izzy Scrap said...

Two gorgeous cards with this beautiful vintage coffee grinder machine. Remind me so much of the one my mother has in her kitchen. I especially love the one with the blue flowers and the original card shape. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at DotMCC.

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma
Kate x