Followers

Wednesday 29 May 2024

Big 40

Good Morning everyone

The 2nd card i made for my sister-in-laws 40th  birthday for my parents to give her.  I started with this gorgeous teal daisy paper as its just her colour and teamed it up with rose gold glitter card which picks up on the pinky flower centres. 

6x6" white card base.  I die cut the scalloped edge die from the  bottom front edge, die cut the same edge die from a piece of patterned paper from which Id hand cut (bit wonky😁) large 40 numerals, i then used 2mm foam tape to adhered this to rose gold glitter card and then the card front.  I added the middle pieces from the numbers back in place with more foam tape.

To the top edge i added a small strip of white card and the rose gold glitter card to help frame it.  Stamped sentiment to finish.

Showing it side on

and how it looks closed, i added a piece of the paper and rose gold glitter to the inside back of the card so you can see it when the card is closed - sadly the photos don't pick up just how sparkly this glitter card is.

Thank you for all your lovely positive comments on my never ending card for my sis-in-law, I appreciate them all.    

Items Used:
Make&create paper from the works 'lovely flowers'
Crafters companion rose gold glitter card
MFT scalloped edged dies
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp

Thank you all for popping by once again. Emmax

Id love to enter the following

















 

15 comments:

meg said...

Everything about your card is perfect Emma,love your papers and layout

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Liz said...

Beautiful card, lovely design. Your hand cutting looks perfect. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card,love the daisy paper and sparkly numbers.
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have hand cut the number 40? Wow! I can't see any wonky number. Love the effect of the glittered number with the patterned paper and the shaped front with the scallop! So pretty!

Kirsty said...

Blimey Emma if I had hand cut the numbers out I probably wouldn’t have a card front left!!🥴 They look perfect to me and I’m sure she will love it, fabulous card my sweet. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

brenda said...

A lovely design for a special Birthday Emma, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Linby said...

It's a stunning design and perfect for the occasion. Your hand cutting is amazing - you don't need dies! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Sarah said...

That's such a gorgeous card for a "special" birthday. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Deanne Saunders said...

...and thanks so much for participating in our CUT IT UP challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

StephW said...

Love the scalloped edge and the bold 40 well done on hand cutting it! Looks really sparkly x

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love the sparkle with the flowers.

Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenges Blog.

Helen x
DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful shape and floral paper, love your cut the age out, she has to love this card too. x