Followers

Saturday 25 May 2024

40th Never ending fold card

Good Morning everyone

My sister-in-law is celebrating her 40th birthday this month.  I decided to make a never ending card for her (also known as the infinity fold)   

I dug through my 6x6 paper pads and came across this old one in shades of blue, green & yellow so just her colours.(echo park 'for the record 2') I used  black for the base card which makes the colours pop.

After making my 6x6" card, i cut panels from this gorgeous floral paper to fit the front sections.  Stamped the sentiments onto white, cut out and adhered flat - i edged the sentiments with diamond stickles glitter glue and added a little to the flower centres for some sparkle.

it opens up to this section.  I took this numeral black and white paper and coloured the numbers 4&0 with teal and yellow alcohol markers and cut to fit, i adhered them in a jumbled fashion rather than lining up as it worked better and added a bit of the coloured numerals all over rather than on just a couple of panels.  I stamped another of the sentiments on white, matted onto yellow paper and adhered flat.  I die cut 40 from white card, mounted onto black circle and more of the yellow paper die cut into an inverted circle die and added to the top panel.  I edged the black circle with glitter again to draw the eye into the 40.

this is the 3rd section, i used this doily paper from the pad. 

4th section - bit of pattern overload!  I do find it a bit of a mission using papers all from the same pad but I was determined too!  I also struggle to have to stick everything on flat - do like my dimension usually.
  I used a small floral paper from the pad on the panels and stamped butterflies onto solid papers from the pad, cut out and adhered flat - i added white pen & glitter highlights to the butterflies.  I also cut out some of the doilies from the off cuts of paper i used for section 3 and added randomly - this helped break up the background a bit and tie it in with section 3.

and this just shows how the butterfly panels open up to the front of the card again.  Its great to be able to use so many papers from a pad on one card - very busy & colourful. This will be a real celebration of a birthday as when she was first diagnosed with cancer they didn't think she would make her 40th so its extra special.

Items Used:
Echo Park paper pad 'for the record 2' by lori whitlock
technique tuesday sentiment stamp set 'Hi there'
uniko stamps - 'english country garden butterflies'
black cardstock
ranger stickles 'diamond'

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you are enjoying this bank holiday weekend if in the UK. Emma

Id love to enter the following:

 

19 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is amazing never-ending-card. Your SIL is going to love it.
Have a lovely weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

A brilliant fun card for your SIL, thank you for your kind words and support

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card Emma, another one of those complex folds that you’re great at. Sure she will love it. Big hugs Kirsty. X

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fold and love all the beautiful papers you used-an extra special one then for your SIL and may she continue in good health.
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

This is indeed an extra special card. I watched a video on making these once, but I still haven't made one. One day.... Thanks for the inspiration xx

Carrie said...

What a lovely never-ending card! Your sister-in-law is going to love this 40th birthday card! There are so many pretty papers and sentiments! Thanks so much for sharing this fun card with Creative Creases Challenge!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A never ending card seems a perfect shape for your SIL, may she celebrate more and more birthdays despite the bad predictions! A lot of work and beautiful details in any section, and I noticed the lovely Uniko butterflies.

Donna Walls said...

I haven't made one of these fancy folds in a long while, thanks for inspiring me to do so with your gorgeous Birthday card. Your SIL will treasure it. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and best of luck in the draw!
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Linby said...

An extra special birthday indeed for your SIL. I am sure she is going to love this explosion of colour and happiness. It's a great fold and one I have never attempted!

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is totally amazing Emma the card fold and the papers are outstanding
hugs
lolo x

KraftyKoolKat said...

A fantastic creation Emma, they are very time consumming to make. Well done.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Kampin' Karen said...

Emma, how clever to color the 4's and 0's with alcohol markers! This is such a fun birthday card as well as a fantastic fun fold. Happy birthday to your sister. Thank you for supporting us at Creative Creases.
Karen, DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Kate Jeffery said...

Amazing card Emma sure your sister-in-law will love it
Kate x

Darlene said...

OH WOW how unique and awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BB DT
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Debbie Mageed said...

This never-ending card is a real WOW card, Emma! I always think of them as a "miracle fold" - even after making one I still am amazed by them. Beautiful papers and wonderful sentiments make this one your SIL will always love. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

StephW said...

Fabulous fun fold creation it's so pretty with the papers you've used x

Helen said...

That's so clever! A beautiful keepsake for a special birthday.

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Catching up here, apologies for lateness. This is such a wonderful fold and a very special card for your SiLs birthday. I'm sure she was tickled pink with it and it's fold. x