Followers

Sunday 14 July 2024

Hollyhocks

Good Morning everyone

Today is a summery DL card using one of my most used dies - these lovely hollyhocks from Impression Obsession 

 I die cut the hollyhocks from inked card scraps left over from making these cards


DL card (approx 4x8")   I inked the edges of the card with pink & yellow distress inks and that matted a white die cut on top.

I die cut lots of hollyhocks, these dies are great as can use the smallest strips of cardstock so ideal for left over snippets. The pieces that aren't big enough to cut the whole flower stem from are ideal to build up a bouquet by tucking in the top behind everything else.  I die cut foliage from green cardstock which again was scraps. Jar die cut from piece of blue paper in my bit box and a bow die cut from yellow inked cardstock.

I curved the jar and added with glue gel so that the top is unstuck for me to tuck the flowers and foliage into.  I then got building my  arrangement.  Sentiment stamped onto die cut tag to finish.

Just a close up, i had added shape to the hollyhocks with a ball tool and adhered the front ones with pinflair glue gel.  The photos don't pick it up but the pink is shimmery when the light hits it.

Hopefully we soon get some proper summer weather, although we have had a couple of nice days this week

Items Used:
IO hollyhock die
Foliage & Jar dies
Distress Inks - 'squeezed lemonade, riper persimmon, picked raspberry'
Dylusions simmer spray 'bubblegum pink'
Brusho powder 'yellow'
CraftUk ltd white linen card


Had this mummy hedgehog with 3 hoglets turn up this week, we have at least another 2 babies as well which is lovely....there is actually a food bowl under them😀    


  I hope you have a good week. Emma


Id love to enter the following:

https://pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com/2024/07/challenge-484.html - My snippets were used for the hollyhocks and foliage






 

17 comments:

brenda said...

What a beautiful summery card Emma, love Hollyhocks.

And how nice to see those Hedgies, we do have some but as we have four dogs they tend to hide under the shrubs to be on the safe side, although apart from the Terrier who yaps at them, the Labs are totally uninterested.

B x

meg said...

Beautiful summer blooms Emma,you are so lucky to see the hedgehogs up close.

Sarn said...

WOW - sensational summery card in such lovely vibrant colours. Love this.

Thanks for entering this fab piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later - I have choccie biccies to share. xxx

PS: Great shot of the hedgies visiting you at feeding time!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fantastic card Ginny x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a beautiful flower display Emma I love Hollyhocks and these look amazing in those different colours a superb card and I love your picture of the Hedgehogs, I was talking to one at 4.00 am on Friday morning he had obviously been on his rounds and decided to stop and we had a chat, lol.
hugs
lolo x

HilaryJane said...

Your hollyhocks are amazing. What a stunning display. It must have been a real fiddle to make xx

Francesca said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at The Crafting Challenge

Pauline C said...

Fabulous vibrant floral card - a gorgeous hollyhock die and a great way to use up snippets. Thanks so much for sharing with this month’s I Spy With My Little Eye challenge, and my theme of “”Blooming Lovely”. Also very cute picture if your hedgehog visitors.
Pauline xx

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is awesome! So vibrant and beautiful! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

Di said...

Hello again Emma - seems a little while since you were last here - it's always lovely to see you. AND, what a fabulous card you brought - loving those vibrant hollyhocks, beautifully made!

Great photo of the hedgies - it always amuses us how they often choose to actually sit in the food bowl! Lovely to see the little ones as well.

Hugs
Di xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love reading how you make your cards, it's always inspiring. That hollyhock die seems a must have to use snippets, I think I just need one :D LOL The inked paper is just perfect for your bunch of flowers, love the colours and surely the shimmer adds also more interest IRL, but even if I can't see it, the effect of the whole card is spectacular! Great dimensions and clever idea leaving the top of the jar unstuck to fill it with the flowers and the greenery! I love making flowers with the ball tool, but lately I haven't time enough. I find it very relaxing.
Love your hedgehogs picture, they are so cute!!

Linby said...

This is so beautiful and I immediately want to buy that die!

StephW said...

Do love your colourful hollyhocks jar arrangement! Steph x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This card is such a beauty. Quite stunning! Love the colors an your wonderful design. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

Pat said...

I had to pop by and say what a gorgeous cards this is Emma with all these wonderful hollyhocks in pretty shades of pink, and the dimension is brilliant...love the jar with the bow and label sentiment too and even a mixture of colours on the background card...brilliant!! x

Manuela said...

Delicious thank you for participating in The Crafting Challenge DT Manuela

Kirsty said...

What a stunner Emma, just beautiful. Love the hollyhock die and you make such beautiful arrangements. So glad to see all your hedgehogs, lovely babies too. Wish I had them in my garden, but just too many big steps everywhere. Have got tons of slugs and snails they could get rid of for me!! Big hugs Kirsty. Xx