Followers

Thursday 18 July 2024

Sun, Sea, Sand #2

Good Morning everyone

Mid way though July so time for another sun, sea, sand inspired make at We Love Stamping
or you can always go with the anything goes option as long as some stamping is involved 

This time ive just gone with the sea


Ive used this lovely printed acetate from Stamperia for my card front, so it gives a lovely glossy finish with its sea print.

I stamped the aall&create whale scene onto white card with greeny blue ombre ink pad and die cut into spellbinders labels 4 shape.  I added stencilling to the background with pale oxide inks & stamped some bubbles.

I stamped the whale again onto more white card this time with a dark blue ink, watercoloured with pink and peach distress inks so that it contrasts with all the green//blue, cut out just the whale and decoupaged onto the base image with glue gel.

I stamped some shells with the same pink, peach & lilac inks, cut out and arranged onto the card front along with some real shells ive collected over the years.  Stamped sentiment and some stickles glitter glue details to finish.




This is really thick weight acetate so I just used it as the card front and used plain white card for the back, i scored a flap at the top of the white card to which i attached the acetate.  I rounded the corners with my corner chomper which easily cuts through the thick acetate & 300gsm cardstock together - the rounded corners pick up on the rounded edge of the die cut

This months prizes that you could win 


Items Used:
aall&create stamp 'sea life'
Chocolate baroque stamp set 'seashell collage'
Visible image stamp set 'swim deep'
Lavinia stencil
Stamperia acetate - clear prints (SBA415) 'Vagabond in Japan'
Distress Inks ' picked raspberry, shaded lilac, 
Kailiedacolor ombre inkpad 'Caribbean sea'


Thank you for popping by once again.  Its scary how fast the weeks are passing and that next week the schools break up.  Emmax

Id love to enter:
https://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com/2024/07/inkspirational-challenge-320-designers.html  - Ive used stamps from aall&create, chocolate baroque & visible image















 

16 comments:

brenda said...

It's a fabulous creation for our theme Emma and nice use of construction acetate, the colours are all very pleasing on the eye.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning card Ginny x

Karen P said...

Love this, the whale is really fabulous and fits the theme perfectly x

coldwaters2 said...

This is beautiful Emma I absolutely love the stamp of the Whale they are such amazing creatures the colours and embellishments are top notch
hugs
lolo x

meg said...

A fabulous card Emma a beautiful image, background,colours and embellishments

HilaryJane said...

This looks amazing. I love all the detail and shell embellishments. Bet the acetate look even better in real life xx

Linby said...

I'm not sure I would have known how to use this stamp and I would have stuck to boring colours! You've brought it to life and made a wonderful card, love the little groups of shells too.

StephW said...

Such a wonderful sea themed make, the whale has so much movement ... Steph x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a beautiful card Emma, I love the texture and your beautiful background and whale. SO many lovely details. x

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful layering of elements; Aall & Create & Visible Image work together so well! I'll have to check out Chocolate Baroque; I'm not familiar with the name. Thank you for sharing your art at INkspirational!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I finally founded time to catch up! This is just a masterpiece, Emma!! Wow!
LOVE so much the effect of all the layers and details of your card! The stunning stamped acetate for the base has been a great choice. I have never seen a Stamperia acetate, and it's an Italian brand! I surely have to search some of them when I will have time to play!
The whale on that white Spellbinder shape looks amazing, and even more with your decoupaging and the contrast of the inks for stamping it! Lots of details to admire, as the bubbles, the stencilling and the touches of glitter. The colours choice and the design of the whole card are fabulous, and love the addition of real shells! A very inspiring card!
Hugs

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so delightful Emma. I am so sorry I thought I had commented on this lovely creation, I have been so busy with The S A I must have forgot.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Marina said...

Beautiful ocean effects on this card, and you've used all the different brands together perfectly, to great effect. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

A very nice card.
Thanks for playing with us at StarInMyPocket-StarStampz.
Greetings Annie (DT)

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card Emma, lots of detail as usual and love the acetate background. Big hugs Kirsty. Xx

cm said...

Hello Emma...dropping in to let you know that your lovely whale/ocean card is a Top Pick at Inkspirational. Congratulations! Thank you so much for joining us.
~carol