Followers

Tuesday, 18 August 2026

WLS Aug#2 - Summer blooms

Good Morning everyone

Time for some mid month inspiration over at We Love Stamping where the theme is 

SUMMER BLOSSOMS
or if thats not for you we always have the anything stamping goes option and always a prize for the lucky winner


A5 white card blank

I first stamped the flowers and foliage onto smooth white card, coloured with alcohol markers & cut out.  I stamped the flowers with teal ink and the foliage with green ink so much softer than black.  I then found a suitable patterned paper in my stash - this blue felt like a summers sky to me but to soften it down a bit i stencilled a pattern with a blue tone white and where i wanted the acetate vase i dry brushed on the blue white to both help the vase stand out more but also the effect you get when looking through glass vase filled with water - it softens and blurs what you can see it.

I matted the paper onto fuchsia pink holographic card and lilac pearl card picking up on the colours in my flowers and then the card base, rounding all the corners as i went - the rounded corners pick up on the bulbous flowers.

I then got arranging the flowers, some adhered flat and others with pinflair glue gel, to make it more realistic i cut the heads off some stems and added back at different angles so that you haven't got them all going the same way...this makes one single flower stamp much more versatile and no one would ever know.  As i wanted some of the stems to be longer and look better in the vase i stamped more stems, cut out and hid the joins behind others and where the sentiment would go - this again makes it much more realistic. 

I added the acetate vase with pinflair glue gel adding it behind where i put the sentiment and some of the flowers.  Sentiment die cut from more pink holographic, lilac pearl & white card and adhered with glue gel.





I don't often colour with alcohol markers as don't have the patience but here i stamped with coloured versafine clair inks and just coloured straight over the top and outside the lines with my marker pens so super simple.  As the stems are so fine i have cut outside the lines to make them studier and hold up better.

This just shows the difference the light stencilling with the ice blue chalk paint made - on the right is the paper as it came, on the left with the stencilling, it just softens it so that it really allows my flowers to stand out.


Items Used:
Paperartsy stamps 'JOFY14', 'JOFY11', Kay Carley 'EKC03'
?Sentiment die?
Studio Light Stencil 'Jenine's Mindful collection' 'Wallpaper pattern'
Andy Skinner chalk paint 'Ice blue'
12x12 Paper from the works
Acetate PET vase
Pink Holographic card from Aldi
Versafine Clair Ink 'warm breeze' 'green oasis'
Alcohol Markers




We have a fabulous pennyblack prize this month from buddlycrafts so hop over to We Love Stamping to join in and be in with a chance of winning



Thank you all for stopping by once again.  Its scary how fast the weeks and months are passing and already the summer holidays are flying by. I hope you all enjoy the rest of August. Emma



Id love to enter the following:
https://neglectedstuff.blogspot.com/2026/08/neglected-stuff-august-2026-challenge.html - well over 2yrs since used the flower stamps and acetate vases

**

**

**
https://paper-rocks-scissors.blogspot.com/2026/08/august-19-challenge.html - used paper for the backround and scissors to cut out all the flowers and foliage










 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderfully colourful and a great idea not to stamp in black, but use a softer colour - it really does make a difference. Love the vase of flowers you have carefully arranged. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read with interest how you created this beautiful card with it's bright but soft colours. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loverly bright and welcoming blooms on a very pretty design Emma.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Emma

Note: . As blog operator of Trenouths Crafty Creations its my duty to inform you that by leaving a comment or visiting this blog I personally will not use your personal data but by leaving your details you accept that others may visit your blog via mine and that google that runs my blog will use cookies to record your visit and they will use my blog data for statistical analysis & operation. Those of you that leave comments as anonymous - I personally can not track or follow.
I have read and agree to Google's Privacy Policy.