Followers

Monday, 24 August 2026

Flower fairies tri-fold card

Good Morning Everyone

Today im sharing a card i made for a craft friends birthday.  She loves the Tim Holtz paper dolls so I know they won't be wasted on her! I use them sparingly as they are pricey but also most don't appreciate the moody vibe most of the dolls have which of course most photos of this era are the same as they had to hold their poses for so long for the wet plates of the cameras to capture the photo.

Anyway I wanted to use some holographic acetate butterflies I had for wings and turned them into little fairies.  The wings are green so I found a paper that was a floral vibe but not full on flowers so found this purple and green one which dictated the colour choice.

Its a nightmare to get a good photo as the camera never likes shimmery things and ive used glitter card, pearl card, pearl texture paste and of course the holographic of the wings




I die cut the base card from purple pearlescent card using an old tattered lace A4 tri-fold card die set, when folded up the finished card is 8x8" and then die cut the papers using the layering dies in the set. 

I then die cut the foliage from ombre glitter card backing with a very soft sage green card.  

Sentiment die cut from the sage green card, matted onto soft pearl lilac card and a larger grey and added to the middle pop out section with glue gel.  

I added the wings to the back of 3 tim holtz paper dolls and adhered among the foliage with pinflair glue gell.  Adding a few die cut flowers using more lilac pearl used for the sentiment and adding gel dot centres which pick up on the colours in the ombre glitter card. 


The ombre glitter card i chose is mainly yellowy, peachy, pinky which is a nice contrast to the background but sadly the photos don't do it justice 


You can see their wings a bit better here, they have a beautiful green holographic shimmer




Before using the paper i used 'Stamperia Halo paste' which is a clear texture paste with a coloured mica shimmer which you can make out better here. I used 2 pastes, one with a purple hue and one with a green hue to pick up on the colours in the paper.



Items Used:
Tattered Lace Tri fold die set
Tim Holtz paper dolls
Holographic butterflies ebay find
Stamperia Halo Paste 'green #K3P70B' & ' Violet #K3P70D'
Studio Light Stencil Jenine's Mindful art 'Wallpaper pattern' #JMA-ES-MASK76
Ombre Glitter card 6x6 from The range
12x12 patterned paper from The works
Birthday sentiment die
Simon Says Stamp die 'leaf cluster' #112057
Purple & Lilac Pearl card
Sage Card
Gem dots

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you all have a great last week in August - where has the month gone too, its scary. 


Id love to enter the following:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Emma

Note: . As blog operator of Trenouths Crafty Creations its my duty to inform you that by leaving a comment or visiting this blog I personally will not use your personal data but by leaving your details you accept that others may visit your blog via mine and that google that runs my blog will use cookies to record your visit and they will use my blog data for statistical analysis & operation. Those of you that leave comments as anonymous - I personally can not track or follow.
I have read and agree to Google's Privacy Policy.