Followers

Tuesday 31 July 2018

Relax male card

Good Morning all, i hope you all had a good weekend.

Its time for a new challenge over at cardz4guyz, the theme for the next fortnight is:

RELAX

Searching through my stash i found this lovely image in an old LOTV art pad.  I picked out the colours in the image of grey & blue.



A5 white cardbase.   I found in my stash cardstock in a dark blue and grey for matting and layering and a few papers to co-ordinate too.  I first die cut the image into an oval, layered onto bigger ovals of blue and grey.  Onto the base card i layered up the papers, of setting the blue foliage ones.  I added the topper with foam pads.

I then die lots of little leaves from the same papers picking up on the branches in the image.  I arranged them around the topper.  I found a scrap of card in yellow/peach and die cut lots of little birds.  I went with that colour for the birds to stand out against the dark colours and also it picks up on the images skin tone.  

I then die cut the sentiment in white and blue, added the blue as a drop shadow and added to the bottom of the cardfront.  Left over leaves and birds to finish. 

Close up of the topper, this shows the colours a bit better.  

Items Used:
LOTV art pad
Spellbinder oval dies
Memory box bird dies
Small leaf dies
Papers - rustic atmosphere - poundland
Paper - Blackberry lane - wild rose studio
Paper - Papermania Parisienne blue - docrafts

If you fancy joining in with this brilliant theme or just seeing what everyone comes up with,  then please do hop over to cardz4guyz

I hope you all have a good week. Thank you for stopping by.  Emmax


16 comments:

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma, love it

meg said...

He certainly looks really relaxed, love the papers and the die cut foliage

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such an adorable image fabulous card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Di said...

Hi Emma! I found my way here when I was Googling ideas for cards with cats on! Love this card, LOTV always works so well!

Then I had a little nosy through your blog, some lovely makes there AND you seem to use quite a lot of scraps (aka snippets) of card and paper. I run a challenge, purely for snippets makes. It's anything goes, runs for two weeks at a time, one entry per fortnight into the Snippets Playground - and the alternative Sunday I post some picks from the previous fortnight and also the winner of the fortnightly prize. There''s no catch and precious few 'rools' - just to have fun and share our snippets cards and such. It would be fun if you came to play - I can see from your blog list that a few folk you follow do play in the Playground! Have a think - you'd be made very welcome.

Di x

Dawn Phillips said...

Gorgeous card hun. I love the attention to details. Those little birds are so sweet. Love Dawn x

Pam said...

Brilliant card Emma, love the layout.
Pam x

Lee said...

Gorgeous card.Takes me back to my card making days.I have met Ginny of As.I.Do.Rodos.x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card..love the image and the beautiful detail around it...Marilyn.x

Carole Pollard said...

So lovely I love this LOTV stamp its fab and one of the first I ever bought from them your design is just perfect love and hugs Carole x

StephW said...

Love the colourful birdies scattered around the little boy resting in his hammock, lovely serene mood you've created with this card.
Many thanks for finding the time to visit my blog ... Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

ALI said...

Great card Emma lovely colours and image x

Betty said...

Brilliant card Emma.

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant card Emma, love this image and little birds you added so sweet. x

Jean S said...

Love it and the image xx

Kirsty said...

Brilliant card Emma, love all the extra details especially the little birds which add a pop of colour. Big hugs Kirsty. x