Followers

Thursday 22 November 2018

Christmas Doves

Good Morning all.

Well today im sharing a set of CAS Christmas cards, these are flat and A6 size.  The star wreath shape is cut into the cardfront and i added a bright insert to shine through and give the effect of stars, so I went with orange and yellow - yes unusual Christmas colours but you know me.  

A6 white linen cardblank.  I cut the star wreath die into the cardfront.  I cut a circle frame from black to frame the stars and glued to the front.  I then stamped a little dove stamp onto white card, cut into a circle and mounted onto a larger black circle and then added in the middle of the stars on foam.  

The stars are only a frame so its solid in the middle, ideal for adding a little image or sentiment.  I found this little dove stamp on a set of stamps that came with a magazine years ago.  I lightly added some grey maker around the dove to help him stand out. 

Computer printed sentiment, cut into a strip and mounted onto black card. I then added an insert from orange paper.

This image shows the card stood up and the effect of the light shining through the orange insert to give the look of stars. 


Exactly the same details just with a yellow insert.  

Again showing how the light shines through.  Simple but effective.

Items Used:
Star circle wreath die - unbranded
Dove stamp - old Magazine freebie
CraftUk ltd white linen card
Black card - payper box
grey promarker

Thank you for stopping by.  I have pretty much finished making my Christmas cards now, although still lots to share with you, now its onto lots of early December birthday cards to be made for family and friends. I hope you all have a good weekend. Emmax

13 comments:

meg said...

Another two beauties Emma love the CAS style

Kate Jeffery said...

beautiful cards Emma Kate x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful cards Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Diane said...

Beautiful card designs Emma. the light behind them is great.

Hugs Diane

Dawn Phillips said...

They are just gorgeous. Love Dawn x

ALI said...

Beautiful Emma, the inserts really make them pop x

Cherie said...

What a lovely idea. I bet it looks really pretty in the flesh. You do make such pretty cards

Pam said...

Great CAS cards. Love the star circle die.
Pam x

Kirsty said...

Two brilliant cards Emma, love the effect when they are open and the light shines through. Big hugs Kirsty. x

gwen70 said...

Beautiful cards, my favourite colours

pinkclover.cards said...

two gorgeous cards Emma. Fatima x

StephW said...

These are wonderful and such a lovely design, great colour choice ... Steph x

Janice said...

Gorgeous cards, love the effect of the star die.
Janice x