Followers

Thursday 18 April 2019

Easter Egg Boxes

Morning everyone, i hope you are having a good week, i had great fun on monday with my nieces, they do grow so fast and all seem to have the tall gene.

 Today im sharing little fun carrot style boxes that i made for my nieces for easter, its big enough to hold a cream egg sized egg. 



I downloaded a template from the internet and printed onto white card and cut out to use as my template.  I drew around it onto orange pearl cardstock and cut out, not forgetting to cut in the slots for closing it.  I then die cut Rabbit apertures into 2 sides, i then dry embossed the whole box with an embossing folder.  I inked all the edges with aged mahogany DI. I then added enough yellow tissue paper inside to hide my egg in and close the box.  

To make the carrot tops was trial and error, my first two ideas didn't work too well with cord and then ribbon and then i found this green paper raffia ive had in my stash for eons - knew it'd come in useful one day! I used 2 tones of green. I added 5 strips of raffia through a hole i had punched in the box tabs, i then tied them together with another piece of raffia - i added a touch of tacky pva to hold the knot tight. I then opened out each piece of raffia and carefully tore down to the centre.  I found tearing it gave a softer/fluffier look than cutting it with scissors.


This show all 4 boxes, i used a different rabbit die on each side of the box.  I went with yellow tissue paper in the end so that the girls could clearly see the rabbits. Simple but fun and im sure the girls will have fun opening them.


This is the shape of the box, after downloading from the internet i just enlarged it enough to fit my eggs and printed. 

Items Used:
Rabbit cutting dies
Crafters companion dots & diamond embossing folders
Orange pearl card - payper box
Green paper rafia


Thank you all for stopping by, i hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend and enjoy whatever your plans are. 


Id love to join in at:














14 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Absolutely brilliant. I have a room full of stuff that may come in handy one day. Problem is, finding it when I need it. Love Dawn x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

a wonderful gift box Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

fun Easter box Emma love the raffia leaves

Mrs A. said...

These are super fun little surprise boxes. Love the sweet rabbit on them. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

P.s. Just following you now but blogger has put me in incognito. Don't know why it does that. Hugs Mrs A.

ALI said...

Fab gift box, do you need my address?

jimlynn said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS!!!! I love this.
Lynn

Pam said...

No wonder your nieces love their Auntie Emma, you come up with some brilliant ideas for them for Birthdays, Christmas and Easter and this one is no exception. Happy Easter Emma.
x

FridayFeeling said...

These are fab little boxes, love the idea for the carrot tops. I bet you nieces had lots of fun!

Billie A said...

Those little gift treats are so cute. I love the style and fun bunny window and greenery. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner.
Billie A
Crafty Gals Corner
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Colour Crazy Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Creations In Pink
Crafty Catz

Megan J said...

Hi Emma, I'm sure your nieces will enjoy their special treats and their time with you too. Happy Easter... Have a wonderful week... Megan

StephW said...

Fantastic & creative Easter boxes for your nieces , they are lucky to have such a talented auntie! Steph x

Kirsty said...

Brilliant Easter egg boxes, I bet the girls loved them. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your project is super cute and adorable!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Always Fun Challenges! Cyndi, DT