Followers

Monday 5 August 2019

Ladybird Penny Slider card

Good Morning everyone. 

Today im sharing the 2nd card i made for Alice's birthday, this one was for me to give to her.  I've made a penny slider so the ladybirds are 'flying' to and from the flowers.  My niece's are quite easy to make cards for as they are big into nature so lots of choice. 



A5 White cardbase.  I first took a piece of blue floral paper and attached it to red glitter card so that its more substantial.  I then worked out placement to die cut my slider slot dies, typically the slots turned out too narrow for the foam circles i had to i lined up the die again and cut it beside the first one, so this made it double width to easily fit my pennies and foam dots.  I then added alot of 2mm foam tape to the back, leaving room for the pennies to slide freely and attached to the white cardbase. 

I made up my ladybirds with black glossy & red glitter card. I then took 2 penny coins and added a foam dot between them, then attach the ladybird on top, i did this twice.  I die cut and made up 3 white flowers, adding a touch of yellow to the centres and the yellow buttons.  I inked up some card with lime oxide ink and die cut some leaves, I then used the same ink and stamped a tiny birthday sentiment to each leaf.  

Stamped greeting mounted on more of the red glitter card.  I then handwrote Alice in the top slider gap and 4 in the bottom one, just so i could personalise it and i think Alice will like the fact that the ladybirds move to reveal her name......well hopefully

Just showing the ladybirds in a different position


A close up on my middle flower and hopefully you can make out the birthday sentiment i stamped on the leaves.  Very subtle. 

Items Used:
Elizabeth crafts ladybird die set
Floral & leaf die set
Slider die set
Birthday sentiment stamps
Floral pattern paper
Jellybean red glitter card

We had a lovely day on Saturday for Alice's birthday, all 4 of my nieces are growing fast and seem to all have the tall gene.  Thank you all for stopping by again.  I hope you all have a good week. Emmax

Id love to enter the following:



*****


*****


*****



*****


20 comments:

meg said...

Alice must have loved this Emma, a personalised card and gorgeous ladybirds, beautiful

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Mrs A. said...

What a lovely slider card you have made for your niece. I like the moving ladybirds. I have just had a go at making a slider card too but not shown it yet. I know what you mean about children growing up so fast . Our grandchildren are already 8;10 and 11. I blinked and 10 yrs flashed past!! Hugs Mrs A.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a clever card! I love all the personalized touches; this one will be a keeper! And I did see the happy birthday sentiment stamped on the leaves. Very pretty.

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Critter challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Emma....love the "flying" ladybirds....so cute....Joolsx

Kathleen said...



Ladybirds, ladybirds
Don’t fly away...
On card for Alice
You star for a day.

Ladybirds, ladybirds
Let yourselves slide,
Show her the message
You craftily hide!

Emma, dear Emma
Once more you create
A card for Alice
That really is great!

Hugs, Kathleen




ALI said...

This is fantastic, Alice will just love it!

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful way of showcasing your ladybugs, Emma! Your card is gorgeous! I love it! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Crafty Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Unknown said...

A fantastic card Emma, I love the slider idea & fabulous ladybirds, great design.
Caroline x

Pam said...

Your cards for your nieces are amazing and this one is no exception. I love it as I am sure Alice did too.
Pam x

Kirsty said...

What a beautiful card for Alice Emma, just love the cute ladybirds sliding back and forth to the flowers, perfect. Big hugs Kirsty. x

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card Emma, bet your niece loved it xx

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous penny slider card and love your shaker card for your niece on the previous post x

StephW said...

Wonderful interactive creation, what fun for Alice to make them fly! I don't see that many in gardens these days ... Steph x

Dawn Phillips said...

Brilliant idea to make it a slider. I love the idea of them flying to the flowers. Love Dawn x

Jean S said...

An other one of your amazing. Creations Emma, ....I’m sure she loved it as we do seeing it Jxx

Alison59 said...

Delightful card Emma :-)

Lisa J said...

Love this card its so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

Lisa J said...

This is so adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us at Pearly Sparkles. Lisa DT