Followers

Monday 12 August 2019

Dancing Fairies

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing a card i made for my best mate as we are celebrating a big number this year for our birthdays.  I went with a fairy theme. Alot of building up inks and stamps in the background. 



8x8 White cardblank. I took a piece of white card slightly smaller than the base card.  I first  die cut the star wreath in the top right corner to act as the 'moon'.  I then stenciled stars with marmalade oxide ink, i then removed the stencil and added clear embossing powder and heat set, this then acted as a resist so the stars shone through the darker inks. I then inked up the background with distress inks in oranges and purples, more yellow/orange around my 'moon'.  I then took a circular birthday sentiment stamp and stamped it several times around the background.
I then built up the background with various stencils and stamps with oxide inks.  You can see the whole background better in a photo at the bottom of this post. I then attached silver mirror card behind my starry 'moon' and attached to the cardbase.
From inked up card i die cut lots of foliage and built up some flowers.  I die cut the fairies in black gloss card and then silver to help them stand out a bit. Glitter glue hightlights to finish.

A close up of the fairies

Close up on the ferns and flowers


Close up on the starry 'moon' I then computer printed the 40 today and die cut into a circle to fit in the middle of my moon.

This shows my background before i added all the extras. 

Items Used:
Spellbinders circle dies
Spellbinders Fairy dies
Tattered Lace Fern dies
Joanna Sheen & Britannia Ivy dies
Tim Holtz floral dies
Star wreath die
Various Lavinia Stamps - floral & fairy
Stencils - starrs, little dots
Simon Says Stamp circle sentiment stamp
Various Distress & Oxide inks - spiced marmalade, lemonade, seedless preserve, dusty concorde, shaded lilac, chipped sapphire, black soot, 

Thank you all for stopping by and all your fabulous comments on my cards for Alice.  I hope you all have a good week. I have a few celebrations going on this week with family and friends😁. Emmax



Id love to enter the following:


http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/08/week-5323-sun-moon-andor-stars-or.html


*****

http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/2019/08/ch-152-agno-twist-winnerss-from-ch-151.html


*****



21 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card love the colours Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Mrs A. said...

That’s a beautiful background you have created for the fairies. Happy birthday wishes to you both. Hugs Mrs A.

Babs said...

Love the background of your beautiful card Emma Lovely mixture of colours and the fairies are a fab addition.
Hope you have a fab Birthday on Wednesday ..
Hugs Babs x

meg said...

wonderful card with a glorious combination of colours stamps and die cuts, absolutely beautiful

Cherie said...

Emma, I just snorted my tea... 40 is a miniscule number... :-) love the card though

Diane said...

Wow love the colors and design Emma. The fairies are just the perfect touch, happy birthday to you both.

Hugs Diane

StephW said...

A really special creation for your bestie, so much lovely detail to admire ... enjoy your special day when it arrives Emma have fun! Steph x

brenda said...

Totally magical Emma, love the depth of colour in your background and all the fluttering Fairies, just perfect for our Allsorts theme, thanks so much for sharing with us.

B x

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super little card Emma … so much to look at and love the colours … if you hadn't put an age on it I would have guessed 21 lol … hope you and your friend enjoy the biggie … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful creation, loving these colors and it's a truly magical scene!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellibelle's Corner

Wendy L said...

Amazing card, so much colour, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Pam said...

A stunning card with so much detail. I missed the stamped fairies at the first time of looking but thanks to other views I could see them. So much to look at. Your bestie will love it.
Pam x

Kathleen said...

What a wonderful creation for your friend... FORTY-ssimo ! It’s so colourful and full of detail.

Alison59 said...

How lovely Emma; very ethereal :-)

p.s. 40! You are a spring chicken;-)

pinkclover.cards said...

Wow Emma! Fabulous colours and so much detail - beautiful.
Fatima x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card, have a fab week cheers Sue N x

ALI said...

Gorgeous Emma, gorgeous background you've created x

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, that's stunning. There's so much going on. Love Dawn x

Kirsty said...

Absolutely stunning card Emma, love the background, fantastic. Hope you both had fab birthdays and have had lots of treats and celebrations on your 40th. Wish I had known it was a big one, but will know for next time! Cherie's comment made me chuckle. Big hugs Kirsty. x

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too Challenge this time and good luck :)