Followers

Monday 19 August 2019

Vibrant pinks & purples

Good Morning everyone.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes last week and all the unique & gorgeous handmade cards lots of my blog followers sent me, amazingly i got 40 handmade cards to celebrate my 40th birthday. 

Anyway while my mojo is still in slumber mode i finally got around to trying out my alcohol inks on Yupo paper - got alot to learn but liked this background enough to use it on a card, it is hot pinks and purples with a splash of cool peri and silver.  I also tried out a couple of the new pearlised alcohol inks. 


6x6 scalloped card base.  I cut my alcohol inked piece into a square and mounted onto silver mirror card and then my base card. I die cut the sentiment from silver card and mounted onto a white circle and then added to the card front.
From a blue patterned paper i die cut lots of layers of Sue Wilson cornflower dies and then built up 3 flowers, i added a blue gem to the centre.  Foliage die cut from silver mirror card and then i arranged them all on the cardfront. 

I think you can make out the silver in the background better at this angle. 


Close up of my flowers.  Each flower has at least 8 layers, best made with paper or thin card, once dry i then really fluffed up all the individual petals to give it a more natural cornflower look. 

Items Used:
Ranger Tim Holtz alcohol inks
Yupo paper
Sue Wilson cornflower die set
Foliage die
CraftsUk Ltd scalloped cardblank
Silver Mirror card


*****

I got some lovely birthday presents but really had to share this totally amazing handmade felted hedgehog.


Thank you Kirsty, i love him

Hedgie from front on, he is very tactile.


and after not having any hedgehogs for months i suddenly found 5 different ones eating at various times last week which is lovely.


Parent & baby maybe?  Big one is almost double the size

and this is 3 siblings i think, you can just make out the 3rd one at the bottom of the step in the background sadly my camera battery died so only got this one photo, ive seen these 3 together most nights now..and thats not one of my cats - he's one of my madams friends😀 

Thank you all for stopping by once again and i hope you all have a wonderful week. Emma

***********



Id Love to enter the following challenges:



*****

*****


21 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

gorgeous card and the colours
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

meg said...

beautiful card Emma, the background is so vibrant

Babs said...

Morning Emma , your card is gorgeous and what a beautiful background, love the flowers and your colour combo, I just love hedgehogs your photos are so sweet, sorry I missed your birthday but I hope you had a fabulous time,
Babs x

Chantell Randall said...

Oh how cute - the little hedgehogs - aren't they delightful to have around. I love the vibrant colours on your card - the background is really cool. Very pretty. Chantell Just Add Ink

StephW said...

How lovely you had the same number of handmade cards for your 40th! Kirsty's hedgie is soooo cute as are the real ones! Totally gorgeous inky effect you created for this wonderful card it's mesmerising and I bet not so messy as spraying ... Steph x

Pam said...

Well these are my favourite colours so I love your card. The background is amazing.
You did well for birthday cards and your felt hedgie is gorgeous, as are the real ones.
Pam x

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma
Kate x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Emma, love lord be the alcohol inks and floral layering, brilliant card, many belated happies, and love your hedges felted and real deal too.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Alison59 said...

Stunning colours on your card Emma :-)

ALI said...

Lovely card and a great background x

Dawn Phillips said...

That background is amazing. Love Dawn x

pinkclover.cards said...

Beautiful card Emma. Lovely colours in the background.
Fatima x

Jan said...

What an amazing first alcohol background you've created Emma and I love the grey and silver tones you've added to accent it. So clever! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jean S said...

Fab card Emma, love the colours,.... also your little hedgehog, and real ones gorge!...
So hot where we are at mo ..heating no doubt be on when we getback��xx

Carole Pollard said...

Stunnnig design with amazing colour an d flowers Love and hugs Carole x

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful card...the background is wonderful. I love the combination of colours. It’s so nice to see all your little hedgehogs...and the felt one looks great.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous inky background and love the flowers and hedgehog pics.Thank you for joining us at Daiay Chain
Carol DT x

Ellen said...

Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chain Challenges.

groetjes, Ellen

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the fab colours on the inky background and the beautiful cornflowers. Thank you for sharing pics of Hedgie, wasn't expecting to see him online and wonderful that he seems to have called in some of his real chums to visit. Lovely that you got 40 handmade cards for your 40th, perfect. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work and the colour you got in the background is amazing...Love the Hedgie pics.....The real and the Tactile!!....Marilyn.x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Emma...love the flowers...what a little cutie from Kirsty...and how lovely to have the real ones for a visit..Joolsx