Followers

Monday 18 November 2019

Giant Cupcake Cards

Good Morning everyone.

Today im sharing cupcake shaped cards that ive made for my 2 oldest niece's birthdays. Ive combined pretty papers with lots of glitter card as both love their glitter - well what girl doesn't😁  As their birthdays are within 2 days of each other i tend to make them similar cards to stop arguements. 




approx 6x6" in size(without the candle)  I first printed off a cupcake outline to make my own template. To first make my base card i placed the top of the cupcake template over the edge of my card blank and drew around it and cut out.  On another piece of white card i drew around the whole cupcake and attached patterned paper to the bottom half to act as the cupcake wrapper, i then wrapped some ribbon around the attached to the base card.  On another piece of card i drew around the frosting/icing top of the cupcake and cut out, i then dry embossed with embossing folder to add some texture, i added some die cut glitter circles as decoration.
I hand cut a candle and flame, attached to the base and added my icing on top. 
I then computer printer my sentiment and die cut into a circle, and added a die cut number to one of the glitter circles. 
Just showing it side on standing up.  



This is the one i made for the older sister, i also added glitter glue to the flames on the candles. 

Just showing them both together.  Who wouldn't love a giant cupcake on their birthday😋

Items Used:
Circle & Oval dies
Memory box numeral dies
Sizzix swirl embossing folder
Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder
My Minds Eye papers 'cambridge court'
Trimcraft papers 'basics IV'
Glitter card
CraftUK Ltd white card
Ribbon


Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope you all have a brilliant week.

******

Id love the enter the following:

http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2019/11/hls-november-anything-goes-with-dies.html


******


*****

https://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/2019/11/crafty-catz-483-anything-goes-birthday.html

18 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a great idea for age cards love them Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma bet your nieces will love them
Kate x

gwen70 said...

Such beautiful cards Emma, your two nieces will love them xx

Kathleen said...

Two super cards that I’m sure the girls will love! It’s hard to believe the girls are nearly 6 and 8. I hope they both have a wonderful birthday.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Emma wow what sweet cards love them both,well done my friend on your beautiful work xx

FridayFeeling said...

Fantastic cupcake cards - lovely sparkle on them too!

Liz said...

Two wonderful cards, Emma, a very clever design. I'm sure your nieces will be thrilled to receive them. xx

Pam said...

Fabulous sparkly cards for your nieces Emma. I am sure they will be thrilled with them. Another super idea.
Pam x

Alex said...

Beautiful shaped cards! Great job!
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives{#35 – Anything but a card}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge{#35 – Inspired by a song}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#65 – Birthday}
*GDT* C.R.A.F.T. {#535 – Christmas}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Alison59 said...

Yummy scrummy cards Emma; and no calories :-)

Megan J said...

Hi Emma, a fabulous pair of cards for your nieces, love the sparkly circles on the cupcakes, my neighbour's sons are two days and two years apart, I either made similar or completely different cards depending on the mood I was in... Have a wonderful week, Megan

ALI said...

Good enough to eat, I love them x

tilly said...

lovely colours on your cupcake cards, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge
Tilly

StephW said...

Lovely fantastic shaped cards should go down a treat for the girls ... Steph x

Kirsty said...

Two fantastic cupcake cards, perfect for children's cards Emma, love them. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Jean S said...

What little girls wouldn’t just love those cards, superb Emma jxx

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creations! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Helen said...

What a sweet little birthday card, Emma! I'm sure it was a great hit! I always love a shaped card! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies Challenge this month! Please join us again soon!