Followers

Thursday 14 November 2019

Oh Camel-ye Faithful

Good Morning everyone.  Thank you for the amazing comments on my last card.

Today im sharing a fun set of Christmas cards, using these quirky camel stamps from hobbyart.  Ive kept the cards quite simple and just let the images stand out.

6x6 White base card.  Very unusually for me i covered the whole card front with patterned paper and no mats and layers, it just seemed to work better this time.   I then die cut a white frame and after working out where i would put it i stamped my greeting, i then attached the frame with foam tape to add some height. 
I then stamped out the 3 camels and very simply coloured with alcohol markers.  I then stamped out the hats and tie and coloured with red wink of stella pens so they really shimmer in the light.   I then fussy cut everything out. I gently shaped the camels and slotted into the frame with glue gel. 
I added glossy accents to their eyes and dots of pearl drops to the hats.  I also added touches of glitter glue to the background papers to add a touch of festive sparkle. 


A close up on my camels - I rarely colour in images with my alcohol pens as im no expert at colouring and don't have the patience to build up all the layers but i enjoyed colouring these guys in.  I used warm greys for their fur. For the extra party hats and ties i used stamps from the Tim Holtz crazy birds accessories - they fit perfectly.


Just different paper in the background, blue eyeshadow on these guys and a bow tie.  


Items Used:
Hobbyart stamps (CS178D) Oh camel ye faithful
Tim Holtz crazy birds accessory stamps
Various Designer papers
Scalloped frame die
Alcohol markers
wink of stella pens
Diamond Stickles glitter glue

Thank you all for stopping by once again.  I hope that you all have a great weekend. 





Id love the enter the following challenges:


******

*******


******


******


*****


*****




27 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for making me laugh this morning, Emma! I love these fun camels and the sentiment on your card...real Christmas mirth and merriness. A great card!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

I am loving these images such a fun card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

ALI said...

Emma I love these, you have a great selection of fantastic stamps x

Mrs A. said...

Both brilliant cards. I have this stamp too. Would not think to put three together though in this fun way. Love these cards. Hugs Mrs A.

StephW said...

Emma your camels are absolutely wonderful, so full of character and I love how you've "dressed" them up too! Fabulous ... Steph x

Dawn Phillips said...

This is such fun. I love their little hats. Love Dawn x

jimlynn said...

I LOVE your card and design - but those camels take the cake! They'll have me smiling all day long now. I've never heard of that stamp company so will check them out for sure. LOVE YOUR CARD!
Lynn

Liz said...

Brilliant card! I love the cute images and the great sentiment. xx

Babs said...

Haha brilliant, love these quirky stamps there fascial expressions made me giggle , the sentiment is great, I love these cards Emma .
Have a lovely weekend .
Babs x

Pam said...

A brilliant, fun card. Oh did I laugh ! Those little hats just make it a perfect Christmas card.
Pam x

gwen70 said...

Brilliant cards, I adore these stamps xx

Alison59 said...

Ha ha ha love it Emma :-)

Kate Jeffery said...

fantastic cards Emma
Kate x

Mel Gee said...

He he this is so fun and different. Thank you for entering our Challenge at Dragonfly Dreams https://http://dragonflydreamschallenges.blogspot.com/
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

Pink Rose said...

Hi Emma wow i sure do love this card,the camels are awesome,well done my friend on your beautiful work xx

pinkclover.cards said...

Brilliant cards Emma! Those camels are so funny and I love the sentiment.
Fatima x

Kirsty said...

Ha ha these really made me chuckle Emma, love the play on words, brilliant. Gorgeous work, love their party hats. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Denise Fletcher said...

Ooh I love this cheeky card!

Kinga K. said...

Brilliant card❤

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

I love your fun card. The camels in combination with the text made me smile.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Jean S said...

This is brilliant Emma I love it !! Such a fun xmas card xxx

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Very nice and funny card. Thank you for joining The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge. Danka DT

The Holly and Ivy Christmas DT

Danki's creative passions {My Blog}

FridayFeeling said...

A brilliant card, love these camels!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card and love the fabulous camels.Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
Carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
Carol DT x

Lisa J said...

Such a fun card. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

cass said...

Fun, fun fun, love the camels. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Christmas/Winter" challenge.