Followers

Monday 25 November 2019

The Bird House


Good Morning everyone.  I hope you had a good weekend.

Today im sharing a card i made for my dads birthday with those fun crazy birds, i've teamed them with a stepper card and window die to create a bird house idea.


I first die cut my stepper card from black pearl cardstock and folded along the score lines. I then layered on some woodgrain patterned paper.  I took the middle panel of wood paper and die cut the window die into it, i then added acetate behind the aperture.  I added a stripey 'wallpaper' behind the window and attached to the cardbase.  I then die cut the window again from the black pearl cardstock and inlaid that over the acetate. 

I then stamped the birds onto white card and simply watercoloured with distress oxide inks, i picked colours to go with the stripey wallpaper. I then fussy cut out the two birds. I die cut various leaves from left over scraps of patterned paper and inked card.  I arrange the leaves and birds onto the bottom of the stepper.  

Just a close up on the birds.  I used oxide inks in candied apple, fozilised amber, lucky clover & salty ocean.  I added glossy accents to their eyes. 


Just showing the stepper card side on.  

Items Used:
Tim Holtz crazy bird stamps (original size)
Presscut centre stepper card die
Spellbinders window die
Various foliage dies
Bobunny paperpad 'broadwalk'
Black pearl card - payper box

Thank you all for popping by once again.  I hope by bright colourful birds brighten up the day. Emmax

Id love to enter the following:


*****


*****

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/11/wwc248-kaths-masculine-anything-goes.html

*****


*****


25 comments:

gwen70 said...

Fabulous card, your dad will love it

Janette said...

Oh wow what a fabulous card, love those birds, and the design is gorgeous, so glad you shared with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

meg said...

fantastic make Emma, love the bright colours , your layout and especially those crazy birds

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Karen Brown said...

Very cute stepper card....your dad will love it! I really like the festive colors you used. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

Kathleen said...

What a super card, Emma. I love how you’ve given the crazy birds a home😃. As usual your colouring is fabulous!
Hugs

jimlynn said...

Beautiful coloring on the birds with the oxides! They look realistic!! Love your card and know your dad will too.
Lynn

Alison59 said...

Oh WOW Emma, this is fabulous :-)

StephW said...

Marvellous creation for your Dad, love the contrast between the colourful birds & the woodgrain paper behind ... Steph x

Marsha Reed said...

Cute birds, Emma! Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT

Pam said...

Brilliant card Emma. Just love those birdies. Your dad will love the card.
Pam x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation and lovely for our current challenge of anything goes, good luck in the final draw…
[aNNie Design Team Member for Addicted to Stamps Challenges]

Brenda said...

This is absolutely the perfect setting for these darling little birdies! Your coloring is gorgeous and the details are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us over at Little Red Wagon!

Denise Fletcher said...

May be one of your best, Emma! Love this colourful card!

Kate Jeffery said...

a fantastic card Emma
Kate x

Dawn Phillips said...

Brilliant and so vibrant. I love it. Love Dawn x

Nataliascraft said...

This is gorgeous card Emma, love these birds and fab colours x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

Betty said...

This is STUNNING Emma, your Dad will love it.

Babs said...

Hi Emma , your card is stunning, love the crazy birds and there beautiful surroundings you have created for them the colours are perfect, and what a fabulous birthday card for your dad , he will love this one..hope your doing ok.
Babs x

Jean S said...

This will def give him a smile Emma! Brill love those birds jxx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card and great design..Marilyn.x

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card! I like stepcards and the window is a very good idea, I must try and remember that haha. Cute fun birds and fantastic colouring of them. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

ALI said...

This will make him smile it's a great card.

Kirsty said...

Fabulous card for your Dad Emma, love the crazy birds and their beautiful bird house, perfect. Big hugs Kirsty. x