Followers

Monday 2 December 2019

Christmas Dove

Good Morning everyone, i hope you had a good weekend.  I can't believe we are into December now.  Time to start advent.

Today im sharing the Christmas card ive made for my parents, its using mirror card so getting a decent photo in this dark weather wasn't happening.  Ive used silver mirror card that i coloured with shades of green alcohol inks so it has a lovely mottled effect, a great technique that really livens up simple mirror card. 

6x6 white cardbase.  I cut a piece of my green inked mirror card  smaller than the card front and mounted onto a very very dark green (looks black in photo) and then onto the card front.  I cut a piece of white card small again and die cut a circle out of the middle, i then multiple stamped merry christmas in grey ink, then added this to the front with foam tape to add dimension.

I die cut my dove circle from white, dark green and my green mirror cards.  I cut the dove out of the white one and coloured it with blue grey alcohol markers to give it a bit of shading.  I added the dark green one as a drop shadow behind my green mirror card one. I die cut a white circle bigger than my topper and attached my dove circle to it, i then added this to the middle of the card base.  I then gently curved  my white dove and added with glue gel. Red glitter dots to finish. 



This one shows the mirror card a bit better but in real life it really shimmers in the light and you can see the variation in the greens. 

Items Used:
Dove circle cutting die
Circle dies
Clearly besotted sentiment stamp
Tim Holtz Alcohol inks
Silver mirror card
CraftUk smooth white card
CraftUk 6x6 cardblank
Dark green card - payper box
Stickles red glitter glue

Thank you all for stopping by once again, i do hope you all have a good week. Emmax



Id love to enter the following:
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/11/use-holly-andor-ivy-on-your-card.html

20 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Emma! I love how you’ve coloured the mirror card.
Hugs

gwen70 said...

Stunning card Emma, will have to try colouring mirror card. xx

Cherie said...

That's lovely Emma. Your post title has given me a little idea too so thanks for sharing

Dreja said...

Ganz toll gemacht. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
LG Dreja

Dawn Phillips said...

It's beautiful. I must try colouring on mirri card. It looks lovely. Love Dawn x

Jean S said...

Superb card Emma xx

meg said...

The coloured mirror card is stunning beautifully designed card Emma

Fabrika Fantasy said...

So beautiful Christmas card! Thank you, dear Emma, for joining the challenge at Creatalicious Challenges that we are sponsoring! Good luck with your entry!

Digital stamps and coloring books
DigiClub - You can get as many images as you like

Pam said...

A beautiful card Emma. Love how you have done the background, so inventive. I am sure your parents will love the card.
Pam x

Pink Rose said...

Hi Emma what a beautiful card you have made ,you are very clever my friend,well done xx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Emma, your parents will love it x

ALI said...

Gorgeous Emma, I didn't know you could colour mirror card

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous card Emma, love the mottled mirror card, fab idea and great design. Big hugs Kirsty. xx

StephW said...

Gorgeous card Emma & I too love the coloured mirror card ... strangely enough I've been doing something similar but with promarkers & then clear embossing afterwards to set the ink otherwise it rubs off! ... Steph x

Kate Jeffery said...

a beautiful card Emma bet your M&D will love it
Kate x

Jackie C said...

This has come together beautifully! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious. Good luck and we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again! Jackie DT member.

Alison59 said...

So beautiful :-)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Lesley

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Your card is wonderful
Thanks for joining us at Animal Friends
Hugs Anja

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional winter” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Kreativtanten)