Followers

Thursday 5 December 2019

Penguin Snow Dome

Good Morning Everyone, i hope you are having a good week. 

Going on from my snowman dome that i uploaded recently (see here),  ive now made a bigger one using those fabulous grumpy penguin stamps from Katzelkraft, also instead of the coloured micro lights ive used plain clear ones this time.  I built a little igloo for my penguins to live in and plenty of snowflakes. 


Dome size approx 7x4".  Its a plastic dome with a wooden base and it comes with a seperate wood insert - this is what i built my scene on, so its easy to remove and work on.  I first splashed white paint around the inside of the dome to give the effect of snow falling.  I then stamped and cut out my penguins - added a little simple colour with pens. I also made a simple igloo white white card and my circle dies.  

On the bottom disc i built up snow using white texture paste, glitter and little balls.  I then stuck my penguins into the wet texture paste and added my igloo to the back of the scene. I then die cut lots of snowflakes from white card, i arranged some inside the dome and as they were all symmatical i also added one on the outside to match up to the ones inside - this hid any glue id used.

Then i threaded the lights through the holes in the base to finish. 

This one shows the igloo a bit better.  I die cut a circle and trimmed the bottom off in a slight curve, i die cut a smaller circle to make my entrance, i added detail with a blue grey alcohol marker. 

Showing one of the snowflakes i used


Showing it with the lights on, although of course its much brighter when its dark.

Items Used:
Katzelkraft grumpy penguin stamps
Spellbinders circle dies
Various snowflake dies
Golden texture paste
White acrylic paint
Cosmic shimmer glitter
Mini polystrene snow balls - poundland
Micro lights  - poundland

Thank you all for stopping by once again and i hope you all have a good end to the week and weekend. Emmax



Id love to enter the following:

*****


*****


******


*****


*****

*****

20 comments:

sandy's crafty bits said...

ooo Emma … I just love your little snow dome … and love those chilly little penguins … very cute … well done … sorry I have not visited for a while been way tooooo busy lately but now catching up … happy shopping and love sandy xx

meg said...

A great scene Emma he grumpy penguins are such fun

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolutely stunning

Kathleen said...

Fabulous, Emma...just fabulous! I’m smiling as I view your wonderful creation! Yes, those grumpy penguins make me laugh😀.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Emma wow this is amazing ,well done my friend on your beautiful work xx

jimlynn said...

This just couldn't get any cuter! So perfect in every way. I love those little penguins and need to get those for sure. It's a real snow globe and I LOVE IT!
Lynn

Pam said...

Wow ! Another fantastic creation.
Pam x

gwen70 said...

Just gorgeous

Jean S said...

Brilliant Emma, xx

Mia said...

Thank you so much for entering our challenge at 2CCC. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Dawn Phillips said...

Gorgeous project. I love the grumpy penguins. Love Dawn x

Megan J said...

Hi Emma, a fun and cute Christmas project, love the penguins in their snow globe, KatzelKraft stamps have the right amount of grumpiness in the characters for them to be fun... have a wonderful week... Megan

Kate Jeffery said...


looks fantastic Emma i love the grumpy penguins
Kate x

ALI said...

Oh wow stunning!

StephW said...

Just fantastic! Such a wonderful scene and keepsake for many Christmases to come ... Steph x

Alison59 said...

WOW amazing work Emma :-)

mixamatoasties said...

Wow, this is lovely.

Thanks for sharing at FabnFunky.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Emma just saw this one it is absolutely fabulous. Brilliant idea and brilliant done.
Love it. gx

Kirsty said...

Another amazing snow dome Emma, love the grumpy penguins and their cute igloo. Fabulous project. Big hugs Kirsty. x

Heike said...

Ein tolles Werk. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.

LG Heike